(2:4482) Fehler beim Analysieren von '0,' als float-Datentyp.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
MindManager  Version:  16.1.193 on Windows 7:  nach Bearbeiten einer (umfangreichen) XMPP-Datei wird sie beim nächsten Start nicht mehr geöffnet: Es erscheint die Fehlermeldung wie in Title* ..... Hatte das Problem schon mal mit --vermutlich-- fehlerhaften Links ... was steckt wirklich dahinter?? Wie kann ich das vermeiden
Photo of heinz Buerkert

heinz Buerkert

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
Most of the times, this is related to some formatting issues resulting in wrong values being stored in the file (all the information is there, but it can't be read). I've had this error before when moving a file between Mac and Windows or Web and Windows.

The '(2:4482)' is indicating the line (2) and the character (4482) of the location of the error in your MindManager file. If you're able to edit XML, you could fix this yourself (by exporting the XML from the mmap file).

However, if you need a quick fix for your file please send it to mathieu@ahacoaching.nl so I can have a look.
Photo of heinz Buerkert

heinz Buerkert

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

... thank you for your offer to fix it ! In this case I did not loose Information or a lot of time, since I could use the .bak-file, which was ok.

Again: I had this Kind of message before and there it was much more work.
I would like to have an idea of how to avoid this pain i. t.. a..  ;-)

Heinz

Photo of heinz Buerkert

heinz Buerkert

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Thank you Mathieu; I did not know, how to read the (2,4482). Thought it is the error-type ...

Now I am faced with the next step: What to write instead? The XML-Statement is:

<ap:Topic Dirty="0000000000000001" OId="vEelAb1GJkm3iaZFb/wHpw==" Gen="0000000000000000">

<ap:TopicViewGroup ViewIndex="0"/>

<ap:TopicViewGroup ViewIndex="10"/>

<ap:TopicViewGroup ViewIndex="12"/>

<ap:Text Dirty="0000000000000001" PlainText="Deutungen" ReadOnly="false"><ap:Font/></ap:Text>

<ap:Offset Dirty="0000000000000000" CX="0," CY="0,"/>   

</ap:Topic> 

Character 4482 is the end-bracket of    CX="0," CY="0,"/> 

OK: the CY="0," is expected to be a float-number .....   CY="0," appears extremely often in the xmmp-file; so it seems not to be a formal Problem;  "0," should probably be a different value. Which one? Where/how to get it?

The Problem came (probably) up, when I copied a branch to an Position, where it was no longer connected to the tree and deleted  afterwards again (to get a screenshot from Information far away otherwise).   In other cases I had the Problem, when I copy-pasted Hyperlink to internal Link or vice versa (being tired I might have used the wrong Option-list-item ...)

Would be nice, if MindJet could be more fault tolerant and check the Input, when done and not with the next usage of the file ......

Mathieu , thanks for your effort to answer!

Heinz

Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
Glad I could help! Also, good to see that you were able to pinpoint the location of the error as this is a pretty technical matter :)

In this specific case, it almost looks like a localisation issue: Mindjet expects floating points to be formatted according to US English number formats (for example 0.0), but in your file it looks like all the floating point numbers have been formatted according to more European number formats (for example 0,0).

A quick fix could be to replace all the 0,0 with 0.0 in your XML and see if that fixes all the floating point issues.
Photo of heinz Buerkert

heinz Buerkert

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Mathieu, thank you for your answer!

I had similar ideas, rather: ALL   the   CX="0," CY="0,"/>  attributes have a comma and not a dot. And that are about 5'000 -> so not a litle lokal isolated fact.    Even the non-null entries use the comma. They also do not have a "0" after the comma , always "0," rather than expected "0,0" or "0.0"....  

and the file works with all that "0,"-entries - surprising, but anyway.

I tend to assume, that there is some programming-Problems in the depth of the code at mindjet. And the "0," is not the Problem. It might be the place where another Problem Shows up eventually. Somehting like "wrong brackets" , previously not properly closed entry or ... "don't know".

Interrestingly -as I mentioned- I had an error-message like this after totally diffenrent operations (and lost a lot of time..) 

Have a good time!

Heinz