Can ́t buy Connect Business for 1 or 2 user?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
There seems not to be an offer to get Conncect Business for fair pricing if I need it only for 1 or 2 users? Minimum 3 users??? I ́m a consultant and want to work with my customers on maps, but it is really too expensive to buy a version for 3 users? Don ́t you think so?
Photo of Gerwin Schalk

Gerwin Schalk

• 51 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Gary Todd

Gary Todd

• 29 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I raised this myself at the recent webinars. The key thing here is that folders and version control are the missing features for single consultants that want to work with multiple customers with a single user Connect account. Free, while an amazing free offering, is limited for some professional consultants, but Connect Business is a single account with multiple users, not available for a single person. The problem I see is that this solution has been aimed at static teams, those that have defined membership. Consultants collaborating with multiple clients/partners or dynamic teams they control, aren't necessarily catered for with Connect Business at the moment.

The strange thing about Mindjet's response (not just Scott's) is that Mindjet don't seem to want our money in this instance. I was willing to pay for Connect Business but couldn't get Mindjet to take £159 off me as a single user - I find this surprising as all I wanted was a single user account with folders, version control and slight increase in map sharing capacity with Free users (this needs increasing, mind you).

I am lucky in that I think I have found 3 collaborators on a project who are willing to invest in Connect Business - but when a company won't let a customer buy something they need that is available to others, it feels confusing ... I have to say I was made to feel like I was the only one asking for this, which is why I felt compelled to add to this topic. Hope it helps.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.