Android app creating copies of original mindmap in mindjet.

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
I'm still experiencing issues where I open up a mindmap in the Android app, make edits, back out to the online file list in Mindjet, it appears as if it's syncing back with the server. However, it ends up not saving the original file but creating a new one called "copy of xxxxxxx". Very frustrating now that I have many duplicates of mindmaps and I always have to remember to open up the "copy" as that has my latest updates. This makes me want to do the syncing of the maps myself. I had a more reliable sync using sugarsync to sync my maps previously before trying Mindjet.
Photo of twinsmagic77

twinsmagic77

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Thank you for your inquiry. I would recommend that you update to the 3.6 version of the application if you have not done so already. From there, engage the "sync now" feature before opening a map. I hope that this helps!
Photo of Jonathan Hollenbeck

Jonathan Hollenbeck

• 33 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi twinsmagic,

This issue usually happens if you create a map with a certain name, delete it, and then try to name other maps w/ the same name. File deletion on android is only a 'soft delete' -- on the web client, you can still see the map by clicking 'show deleted files'. So, you can probably solve the problem by permanently deleting the file from the web client (you may have to log out of Connect on mobile and log back in to refresh the cache), OR by using a unique name for the map. Let me know if that works!
Photo of twinsmagic77

twinsmagic77

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The map was originally created using the desktop Mindjet and saved to Mindjet cloud. Then I opened it on my android app, made a few changes, backed out to the file list, it did the sync. Then I tried to click on it again to make further changes and it forced me to create a duplicate map file with the updated content. The original did not have the newly added content that was added with android app.

Jonathan Hollenbeck

• 33 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hmm...did you sync on the android app before opening/editing the map?
Photo of twinsmagic77

twinsmagic77

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I didn't manually sync but when I open the android app, it shows the swirly circles spinning, indicating it's syncing. I always let those finish before opening any maps...

Jonathan Hollenbeck

• 33 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
When you open the android app, does it show the changes you previously made on desktop?

If not, try manually syncing before opening the map.
Photo of twinsmagic77

twinsmagic77

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, it does show changes. I then make additional changes in Android app, hit the back button, it auto syncs again and this is where I sometimes am forced to create a copy of the original file

Jonathan Hollenbeck

• 33 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Unfortunately, I don't know of any useful workarounds for this case. The next update [coming very soon!] should fix it. Thanks for the feedback, and sorry that you're experiencing problems.

I'll bump this topic again once the fix is out.
Photo of twinsmagic77

twinsmagic77

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
sounds great. I'll look forward to the update. Thanks!

Jonathan Hollenbeck

• 33 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The update is on the app store, let us know if it fixes the issue.
Photo of twinsmagic77

twinsmagic77

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I haven't seen any update yet on either of my Android devices in the google play store. I'll keep checking throughout the week.

Jonathan Hollenbeck

• 33 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It's still version 3.6 -- we released a patch. The date on the app store should read "May 13, 2013".
Photo of twinsmagic77

twinsmagic77

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The issue is still happening!!!!

This is ridiculous.

I created a map on the desktop version. Saved it. Closed it.

Opened the same map from the Android app on my tablet. Before doing so I manually synced. Then opened the map and made changes. Then backed out and manually synced again.

I then tried to open the map again to ensure my changes were still there and I got an error saying the map was currently checked out. It then basically forced me to create a copy of the original.

I did that and verified the original didn't have my changes but the copy did. I then tried to delete the original and rename the copy. It seemed to have worked at first but then after a manually sync in the android app, both versions appeared again.

Now, I try to open the new version on my desktop and I'm getting the attached error messages. The 30 minutes of changes I made last night from my tablet are gone. When will you fix this? I CANNOT TRUST using the android app if it's going to f*ck with my work like this. I don't have time to be correcting your mistakes with my maps. It makes me want to use my own syncing service since yours has now f&*cked me several times.