Attaching an email from Outlook to a subtopic in a map

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

Is there an easy way to attach a single email from Outlook to a subtopic in a map?
Photo of Tim Cox

Tim Cox

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Tim. What version of MindManager are you using? Are you using the Windows or the Mac? Thank you!
Photo of Tim Cox

Tim Cox

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
LOL!!! I guess that would be some helpful info! DUH!!! Wasn't thinking when I posted the question.

MindManager Pro 9.2.504 for PC

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
No worries at all Tim. The easiest way would be for you to go to the Insert Tab and then use the Outlook Item drop down menu. You can create an Outlook Query based upon the specific information that you wish to pull in from Outlook. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this. Thank you!
Photo of Tim Cox

Tim Cox

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Brittney! I played with it for a few minutes but it seems to be a lot of steps. I was able to get it to the map, but it created it's own subtopic and then when I moved it to the subtopic I wanted it attached to, it's really a whole new subtopic of the subtopic.

Can it appear as an attachment to a subtopic like Word or Excel does?

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
They will not appear as attachments, however, something that may be easier for you might be to use the MindManager Add-In in your Outlook account. This will allow you to select one or multiple emails at a time to send to your map.
Photo of Tim Cox

Tim Cox

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'll give it a shot! Thanks Brittney.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.