Automatically synchronize MindManager 2017 & MS Project 2013

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
Hi

Is it possible to automatically synchronize my MindManager 2017 map & the associated project in MS Project 2013? In other words, once I've exported my map into a project is it possible to link the map and the project in such a way that any change made in either will reflect in the other?
Or is this a functionality that is limited to the Enterptize version or SharePoint?

Thank you
Mari
Photo of Mari Van Reenen

Mari Van Reenen

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1032 Posts
  • 177 Reply Likes
I don't think there is a sync function. I have a discipline of saying one version is the master and using import/export to transfer the master "key". This does restrict the map or plan only containing common data. Any data types which do not exist in both versions cannot be used e.g. Floating Topics.

Also my process is generally:
1. Brainstorm the plan in MindManager
2. Export to MS Project, refine and use features only available there.
3. Import the updated plan to MindManager to provide snapshots for meetings or rethinks.  Current actions and notes can added for e.g. a review meeting. Go back to the plan to make any amendments.
4. I maintain a project map which has stakeholders, links to emails, docs, spreadsheets, other knowledge, To Do items associated with current tasks etc.
Photo of Mari Van Reenen

Mari Van Reenen

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for the help