BPMN

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
Is the BPMN symbology standard available with MindManager? BPMN = Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) Version 2.0
Photo of Damon Donnell

Damon Donnell

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Bjorn Eriksson

Bjorn Eriksson

• 198 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Good question! I haven ́t upgraded yet to MM 16, so I ́m not able to answer. I use Bizagi for process modelling and there is full support of BPMN. But I would very much like to do it in MM.

But I think one are where MM fails is publishing process dokumentation. In Bizage I can generete a Word dokument, a full HTML web site or a Wiki.

So this will be an interesting thread, I hope.

Best regards
/björn
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1479 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
The set that is used in MindManager can be found in Design tab  under Topic Shapes.
It has all basic BPMN symbols, but nothing more (yet)

The good news is that you can add images and format your topicshapes according to all your wishes.

Bear in mind though that until now it is just a handy process drawing tool. Little extra intelligence is available.
Photo of Paweł Gąsiorowski

Paweł Gąsiorowski

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
This particular thread doesn't seem to get any further attention, even though the original responses were posted 2 years ago. I was wondering if there has been any progress regarding support of BPMN in Mindjet Mindmanager for Windows? I have a version 16.1.193 and it doesn't seem to have BPMN templates included as default option to choose from. Is there anything like the Visio stencils available for further download in order to aquire additional functionality within the MindManager tool?

• 1479 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
No there is not, since you can add your own symbols library into MindManager.
You could even try to use those VISIO stencils for that.

BUT in MM2018 there are a lot of extra options forBusiness Process Management.
So my tip for you....Upgrade ;-)
Photo of Sergio Vazquez II

Sergio Vazquez II

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, has any progress been made on this yet?  I am trying out MM2019 and would very much like to keep all of my mapping, flowcharting, and BPMN within a single application.  Thanks!

• 1479 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
Yes you can create All your desired diagrams in mm2019 for windows. Download the free trial, view some of the webinars via the mindjet website and convince yourself

Sergio Vazquez II

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry, I must not have been clear enough.

I have already been trying out MM2019, and would like to produce BPMN charts, but I am unable to find them.  This is all I see:

Please let me know what I am missing, or if there is something additional that I need to download.

Thank you.

• 1479 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
You have it ....just seem to lack knowledge how to use it. View the webinars. Read the help. Take a course. And you can do it just like tens of thousands other users
(Edited)

Sergio Vazquez II

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
?????????????????????????????????????

What are you missing??  You are not helping.  I "have it"?  Have what?  I "lack knowledge how to use it"?  How to use what?  MM2019?  BPMN?  A toothbrush?

You are telling me that things are there that are not actually there.  I even provided a screenshot.
I don't know of any other way to possibly ask where are the BPMN templates???

1. I am staring right at the blank templates and NONE of them say BPMN.
2. I have searched your website for the term "BPMN" and get 0 results.
3. I have searched your help for the term "BPMN" and get 0 results.
4. I have searched your webinars for the term "BPMN" and get 0 results.
5. I have searched your YouTube channel for the term "BPMN" and get 0 results.
6. I searched your community site for the term "BPMN" and this is the only thread I got.

Please show me where "tens of thousands other users" are seeing ANYTHING that says BPMN!

Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend???

• 1479 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
Well... Comprehension goes two ways... E.g.: I have a red car and I drove to Stockholm with it. So my friends say:   "Its not possible to drive that red car to Oslo?" Come on...

BPMN is just a method that uses diagrams that have elements in them.
All those elements are available in MM2019 and/or can be imported or made easily
So either you create your BPMN diagrams yourself, ( like many users do) with all that is available in MM2019, or you check out examples at sites like Biggerplate.com and adjust those to your needs.

https://www.biggerplate.com/search?query=bpmn

(Edited)

Sergio Vazquez II

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
AHHH, finally the truth!

So the real answer to my original question is NO.  There has been no progress made on implementing the BPMN v2.0 standard within MindManager, and MM2019 still does not officially support BPMN.

You could have saved both of us a bunch of time and headache had you just been honest up front.

Photo of Kristin Burke

Kristin Burke

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
@Sergio, I have been waiting for 3 years now for MM to officially support the BPMN v2.0 standard as well, but the only way to accomplish it is via hacks and workarounds.  And even then it does not in any way support valid structure.

I also agree that @ary's responses were very vague and misleading.  The correct answer all along was no.