Browser hangs on HTML5 Export with Floating Topic

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
Posting a new item because I could not find it with search.
If you do HTML5 Export of a map with a floating topic with 17.1 or 17.2 the browser will hang while loading the .html file. Tested with IE, Edge and Chrome.
This was working before my upgrade to 17.1.
Workaround = link the floating topic!
Photo of Jacques B.

Jacques B.

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1327 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
There have been some improvements on HTM5L5 export in a new service pack 2 release for MindManager 2017 for windows.

https://www.mindjet.com/latest-release-notes-enterprise-windows-english

You can update from an earlier MM 2017 release for free, so why not test that to check if the problem still occurs.
Photo of Jacques B.

Jacques B.

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the info Ary, I'm afraid your link gives a 404. Also the first thing I did before posting was to upgrade to the newest version. Problem was there also. Cheers.

• 1327 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
That is strange, Maybe the 404 message has something to do with the fact that we all have to select on the mindjet website where we come from first? I am in EU-English  .
Any way The link worked for me and here it is for you...

http://download.mindjet.com/MindManager_2017_2_208_for_Windows_Release_Notes_EN.pdf
(Edited)
Photo of Jacques B.

Jacques B.

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This one works, thanks Ary
Photo of David Walsh

David Walsh, Official Rep

• 111 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Jacques,  There was some problem with the original build today but it should be resolved now. Go ahead and try to export again and see if you encounter the same issue. 

Regards
Mindjet Customer Support
Photo of Jacques B.

Jacques B.

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
David, so the exporter checks dynamically for a new version, very interesting. This one is effectively solved, thanks a lot. Speed of resolution is really great!
Photo of David Walsh

• 111 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Jacques, Yes, in 17.1 and later we added an auto update feature. Yesterday we had a problem with the HTML5 deployment that caused issues with the export not loading (getting stuck). A new version was pushed to production to resolve the problem. 

For troubleshooting please make sure that you have upgraded to 17.1 or higher (to get the auto-update feature for the HTML5 export) when you export  it should auto-update to the new version. You can press CTRL + M in the exported HTML5 map to see the export version number, the current version is 1.3.115.

Regards
David 
Mindjet Customer Support
(Edited)
Photo of Jacques B.

Jacques B.

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Exactly as you said, thanks
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 879 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes

David, has the problem of MM 2017.2 crashing when you create roll-up topics in the same map as the source topic been resolved as well?

Photo of David Walsh

• 111 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Alex,

This has not been corrected, we are aware of the issue and it has been prioritized. To clarify, we can update the HTML5 template on the server as I explained above. The issue you are referring relates to MindManager core and will require another Mindmanager update.

Regards
David 
Mindjet Customer Support
(Edited)
Photo of TheScientist

TheScientist

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So what about the update? I recently bought Mindmanager for Mac v10.6.125 and have the same issue. has it been resolved?

• 1327 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
MindManager for Mac differs on many aspects from the windows version.

I  suggest you create a  separate post for this issue.

Maybe Mindjet developers surprise us with a new upgrade version soon ;-)
(Edited)
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 879 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
Hi David,

Thanks for the response and recognition of the issue relating to roll-ups in the same map. Given it seemed relatively stable in 2017.1, I was planning to use this feature in a number of projects so I'd be grateful if you could give me some indication of when this particular bug will be fixed.
(Edited)