Bug in Mindmanager for Mac 10.3.605 (video)

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Hi! I bought an temporary academic license a few years ago for Mindmanager (sadly, it's a Mac-only license...) and I encounter numerous bugs. The latest one is the following...

I'm trying to changer the order of my subjects (I don't know the English version's vocabulary), but the whole formatting crash as you can see... I even tried using the "Mode plan" ("Planning mode"???) and its keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+Cmd+Upper Arrow) and the same formatting crash happen.

The crash happens if I decide to undo my last move. (CTRL-Z)

I'm really disappointed by MindManager. Does the Windows version have as many bugs as the Mac OS version do?
Photo of Philippe Morin

Philippe Morin

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • Frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Philippe Morin

Philippe Morin

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I really don't see myself buying any mindmapping software in the coming years since I thought Mindjet's were the best...

Is there any bug bashing session set soon? I would like to have to bug-free version of this app. I don't even now when my license is expiring and I can't seem to have French support for Canadians.
Photo of Patrick Duffy

Patrick Duffy

• 24 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I am disappointed too. I moved wholly over to Mac and despite having a 3 year protection for upgrades I have not seen a Mac upgrade in the last 2 years. It seems to be a forgotten product. I am using iMindmap on the Mac and both that and windows versions seem to be keeping pace. The iMindmap is more incepting with the Mind Mapping rules established back in the 1980's when I started.
Photo of Philippe Morin

Philippe Morin

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I received a call from Mindjet a few minutes ago. (Marian)

He made me uninstall Mindjet, then run a script that would zap remaining files...

I think it fixed the problem.

I'll see.

Good tech support, considering my English is quite awful! :P I will try the tech support from France next time however.

Thanks Marian! :P
(Edited)
Photo of Ceffyl Aedui

Ceffyl Aedui

• 25 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I'm very glad that Mindjet was able to help you. Mindjet's tech support has always been good. They really try to help. It's too bad that their product has so many bugs that in other cases there isn't anything tech support can do to help. 
Photo of Philippe Morin

Philippe Morin

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Damn! Sadly, the bug remains... I guess I'll try to learn how to use CmapTools since my mind mapping needs are quite low...

This is very disappointing considering a friend of mine who teach mind mapping suggested me MindManager years ago. She also suggested CmapTools which seems better than ever with its sixth version released this month...