BUG: Mind Manager (v2020) - in Icon View, you can't change Icon Group

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)

Hello

BUG: Mind Manager (v2020) - in Icon View, you can't change
Icon Group

If I open up a new map (I have tried various types), if I go to Icon View, and then try to change the Icon Group  (Within Icon View Configuration) it gets stuck.

e.g. It won't leave Flags icon group not matter what you try to select from the drop-down list.

In other files athe Tag Group keeps going wrong too. It keeps showing the wrong tags!
e.g. When I select "Kanban" it shows me all columns populated with all the Flags at the top of each column. Nightmare.

(But in this case it CAN change the Icon group correctly, when in Icon view...)

Background: I have just re-installed MindManager 2020.  Running on Windows 10 (x64), all latest patches.

Trying to help.

J

PS On reflection, the main problem may be that Markers (i.e. both Tabs and Icons) should not appear on the Tag Group and Icon Group drop-downs unless they have been set to be "mutually exclusive".  However, to get clear, even if I remember to make Tag Groups set to be Mutually Exclusive these problems do not go away. 

This extremely disappointing, as the core functionality does look extremely promising.

Photo of John Smith

John Smith

• 156 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
  • disappointed

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1147 Posts
  • 280 Reply Likes
Hi John, I've just played with Icon and tag views and I don't seem to be experiencing the same problem. Perhaps you should contact technical support.
Photo of John Smith

John Smith

• 156 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
UPDATE:
OK, I have been in touch with Mindjet support. I have now done a FULL uninstall and reinstall and I can no longer generate the problem in new MM (v2020) files. However my previous MM files - some of which are extremely small and simple - do still exhibit this problem. It looks like they have some form of corruption.

CLUE: It may be that MM2020 didn't like the way that I was adding menu items onto my Ribbon. e.g. the Tag View and Icon View menu items...