can Corel/MindJet please revive the Apps

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
currently it is almost impossible to work on mindmanager files via iPad if your organization eg uses Onedrive as there is no files / cloud support. in case somebody from Corel / MindJet is reading this: is this still alive????
Photo of Thomas Nemec

Thomas Nemec

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Ray Eisenberg

Ray Eisenberg

• 11 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
When the last Mindjet app video was posted on Youtube in 2011, it gives you a clue as to how much Mindjet cares about the iPad App.
Photo of Wouter Van Cutsem

Wouter Van Cutsem

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I asked the same question on several occassions (chat sessions), but to no avail.  Given the fact that MindManager is, in my opinion, the best mindmap software by far, I wouldn’t even mind paying a decent price for an app, allowing me to work cross-platform (Windows, Mac, mobile devices).  My office seriously considered purchasing Mindmanager Enterprise for the entire firm (I only had a personal license) but decided not to. People want to start brainstorming on their mobile device, while waiting for the train and continue  on the desktop...
Photo of Ray Eisenberg

Ray Eisenberg

• 11 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Especially now that the latest iPads have Pencil input - so easy to "doodle" and brainstorm while commuting on public transport or back at home (NOT while driving! :) 

Wouter Van Cutsem

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Indeed!

But – as you surely know - there are quite a few affordable cross-platform alternatives with similar functionalities. Since a few weeks I use one of them and it’s more than “ok” although it is not comparable to MM desktop, not even close.  However, I decided not to upgrade my MM personal license and my office will buy the cross-platform alternative, too. No mobile device app, no desktop software sales...

Photo of Ray Eisenberg

Ray Eisenberg

• 11 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
@Wouter Van Cutsem - what are you using on the iPad?

Wouter Van Cutsem

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
@Ray - Simplemind (full edirion)
Photo of Ray Eisenberg

Ray Eisenberg

• 11 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
WVC - thanks!
Photo of Darren O'Shannassy

Darren O'Shannassy

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks from me as well. The functionality of the app has barely changed since it was released. I see so much more potential on my new iPad Pro. Like you said, combining with the Apple Pencil seems to offer new opportunities. Will be a shame to move off Mind Managet but I need something that works on multiple platforms.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1063 Posts
  • 255 Reply Likes
IThoughts is another good option which is multi-platform and can import and export MindManager files.
(Edited)