Can MindManager 2019 draw a complex diagram (attached image)?

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Hi,

I'd appreciate knowing if MindManager 2019 can draw a complex diagram, like the one attached?

If yes, does MindManager 2019 have the appropriate tools to achieve the task or it would more through workarounds? I mean, maybe PowerPoint tools are better than MindManager for the drawing job...

I thought on drawing a diagram like that in MindManager to be able to comment, filter, tag etc. the content, what I can't achieve using PowerPoint.

Thank you for very much!
Carlos

Photo of Cadu

Cadu

• 29 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 959 Posts
  • 232 Reply Likes
It is just possible, in theory, to create something like this in MindManager, but it would take a lot of work and many of the graphical elements would have to be imported.

As I said in response to one of your other questions, MindManager is neither a dedicated concept mapper, nor a high-end graphics program. I think you were using PowerPoint to provide your example in relation to that question; to be frank (and assuming don't have any "real" graphics programs) you are probably better off sticking with PowerPoint to create something like this.
Photo of Cadu

Cadu

• 29 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Many thanks for the feedback Alex!
I was trying to explore the maximum of MindManager, but my trials led to frustration regarding diagraming and concept mapping.
Stopping the trials with MindManager and going to get to work done with PowerPoint.

Just a further question:
When you mentioned "assuming don't have any "real" graphics programs", would you recommend any graphics program that provides better tools than PowerPoint to draw diagrams like the one attached?
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 959 Posts
  • 232 Reply Likes
There are a lot of programs which offer business graphics capabilities, though they vary greatly in terms of feature sets - and price. I'm no expert in this area, but your question prompted me to have a quick look as I need something like this myself for occasional use.

In terms of commercial options, the most obvious choice if you want to integrate with Office software like PowerPoint is Microsoft Visio. The Pro version is expensive, but there is a limited online version which is around US$60 per year with an annual subscription. Visio is the de-facto standard and a lot of other programs advertise their similarities to Visio and Visio file compatibility.

CorelDraw has a lot more features but is even more expensive. It will be interesting though to see whether Corel, having purchased MindManager, tries to integrate these programs in some way.

An interesting option is ConceptDraw's Diagram. This appears to have a good feature set and is reasonably good value for money at US$200. It is also closely integrated with ConceptDraw's own MindMap and Project programs, and the company pushes its Visio compatibility.

There is an even bigger range of shareware and freeware options. Again, many advertise their Visio compatibility. There's a guide to these here: https://www.techjunkie.com/free-visio-alternatives/ and another at: https://www.maketecheasier.com/5-best-free-alternatives-to-microsoft-visio/ The one program that gets a high recommendation on both lists is LucidChart, but there are plenty of others to choose from. 

(Edited)
Photo of Cadu

Cadu

• 29 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Alex,
It was very kind of you posting all that information on diagram software.
Thank you very much!