Cannot add Dropbox as a Storage Service on Mindjet IOS 11 app

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Solved
When I try to add DropBox as a storage service it first asks me to log in to DropBox.

After that I am returned to the previous screen and the the hourglass just goes around and around.  

Nothing happens...
Photo of Gordon Hertzman

Gordon Hertzman

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Eckhard Schulz

Eckhard Schulz

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Change to BOX. I did and it works.
Photo of Gordon Hertzman

Gordon Hertzman

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
OK thanks!
Photo of Gordon Hertzman

Gordon Hertzman

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
It does work with Box but since I am already a DropBox user it's not the best solution.  The app really needs to be fixed.
Photo of bill

bill

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I fully agree.  All my files are already in Dropbox and I hope Mindjet can fix this
Photo of Paul Kendall

Paul Kendall

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same here...heavily entrenched in DropBox and that isn't likely to change. Needs to be fixed
Photo of Virtualdallas

Virtualdallas

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I use OneDrive for Business (my company files). then O365 has a preconfigured Flow that will copy ODB to Dropbox (personal) automatically. Perfect, since Mindjet doesn’t do OneDrive. Perfect! Except of course the Mindjet iOS app. fails. I can’t connect it to DropBox and when I try to open Mindjet file from Dropbox app. using the send function the Mindjet app crashes. I’ve been a Mindjet user for five years+ and buy every upgrade. I just need the integration to get the full value!!!
Photo of bill

bill

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I feel your pain!
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
Well... Mindjet MindManager 2018 for Windows does BOX, Dropbox, Onedrive, GoogleDrive, Sharepoint and they all work fine, so you may expect that these will come for you as well. Have faith.
Photo of Virtualdallas

Virtualdallas

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I thought I bought 2018 last month? Is there more to this release to come? Happy to hear. I’ve always had faith in Mindjet; it’s why I’ve been a buyer of every release for years, the minute it comes out. Trust me, I use it but cloud is now 100% my business & personal life, so look forward to solid integrations.. Thank you for the encouragement, I’m a life long customer as long as the team keeps improving...
Photo of David Walsh

David Walsh, Official Rep

• 133 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
We are aware of this and we're currently in the process of updating both Mindjet Maps for iOS and 
Android to support the latest Dropbox API.

Regards
David 
Mindjet Customer Support
Photo of Herman Booysen

Herman Booysen

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Please keep us updated.
Photo of Neil Silvertone

Neil Silvertone

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
David, any update on the fix, still not working, thanks, David
Photo of Shahed Sherkat

Shahed Sherkat

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any fix for this as of yet?
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 374 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Hi All, 

Please check the Apple App Store for update for both Mindjet Maps for iPhone and iPad. We have released new versions of the app with support for the latest Dropbox API's. 

Best, 
-Marian
Photo of Paul Kendall

Paul Kendall

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Updated app...can now add the DropBox service under iOS 11.1 on my iPad Pro and my iPhone 7.  Unfortunately, any map that I try to open on my iPad fails with the error "Cannot open map...Unknown error".   If I try to create a new map rather than opening an existing one, it creates the file on DropBox but gives the same error when trying to open it.  I don't have these issues on the iPhone, only the iPad Pro.  Really?  Unless I can use this tool on my iPad it is useless.  Editing or navigating maps on an iPhone screen isn't going to work.

Photo of Jeremy Hutchins

Jeremy Hutchins

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have the same problem and error message on my iPad Pro running iOS v11.2.  However my iPhone 7 running the same Mindjet and iOS version works fine - very frustrating - problem reported to Mindjet support but no response!

• 1327 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
Have you seen the problems that Apple has with iOS v11.2?
Seems to be not safe, and lots of Apple iOS patches are ready for you.
So please activate those first, next try if your problem has gone away.
Photo of Jeremy Hutchins

Jeremy Hutchins

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I wonder what patches you are referring to, there are currently no updates to iOS 11.2 which was only released last weekend.  The problem remains - Mindjet simply does not work on my iPad Pro running iOS 11.2 whereas it runs fine on my iPhone 7 also running iOS 11.2
(Edited)
Photo of Cj M

Cj M

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dear Mindjet team,
the IOS app really tanks. its connectivity to dropbox causes errors and it doesn't link to Onedrive which is the solution for a lot of organisations . given the ratings on the apps store and feedback here and elsewhere , can you provide an ETA on fixing these basic needs? it will allow users to then make informed decisions as to seeking an alternative or waiting for mindjet. 

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
I think the Mindjet developers team will deliver an improved solution as soon as it is finished and tested. Ofcourse they won't give an ETA since they want to be sure about the quality and functionality`.
This mature approach is just as APPLE corp has done since 1982 for all their products hardware as well as software..
Photo of Stanley

Stanley

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Mindjet IOS app team,
My Mindjet app (IOS version) run into dead loop when I try to:
1. open files saved in Dropbox. (1st picture)
2. create new files (2nd, 3th picture), the default path is previous user select path even that path not working.
I cannot create new files because it always try connect Dropbox. I close and reopen Mindjet app several times still the same. Please help me solve this problem.

Regards,