Cannot Create Excel Database Connection 2016

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I am new to MindManager, so I don't know if the problem I am having is due to inexperience, or something else.

My OS is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

I am attempting to make a database connection to an Excel file. When I test the connection I get "Could not connect". I have not been able to find any information that might help me debug the issue. I also created a folder, put a CSV file in it and tried that, with the same result.

Does the Excel file need to have only one worksheet/table within it? What about with CSV?

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thank You!
Photo of Brian Mitchell

Brian Mitchell

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Shilpa Kabra

Shilpa Kabra, Official Rep

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Brian,

Excel file with multiple worksheet is supported inside MindManager 2016.
Make sure you are running same bit rate version of Microsoft Excel as well as MindManager 2016.
Make sure you have same MS office is installed locally as well as at same location where MindManager is installed.

If you still seeing an issue then I would recommend opening a ticket with  support team. 
Please use this link: https://secure.mindjet.com/app/support.aspx

Thanks,
Shilpa
Photo of Brian Mitchell

Brian Mitchell

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
This bit rate version is different. Sigh.

Thank you for the information. This might be a good note to put in the Database Connection section of the User Guide.
Photo of Shilpa Kabra

Shilpa Kabra, Official Rep

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Thanks Brian for your feedback.I will forward it to appropriate department to update the User Guide with above information.