Cannot Connect to Outlook

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

Just trying MindManager 9 for windows with a view to moving over from Personal Brain however ......

When I try and use MM with Outlook eg Send to Outlook as Task or Insert Todays Tasks I get a message stating that MM cannot connect to Outllok. Restarting MM and Outlook may assist.

I have tried restarting, rebooting etc but to no avail. I ave emailed Support and await a response but would like to progress my trial!

Has anyone ever had this problem and how was it resolved?

I am using Windows 7, Office 2010 32 bit.

Peter R Hawkes
Photo of Suriel Lopez

Suriel Lopez

• 298 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Suriel Lopez

Suriel Lopez

• 298 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Re: Cannot Connect to Outlook
RESOLVED! - Uninstalled and Re-installed MM and Outlook connection now works!

Peter R Hawkes
Photo of Suriel Lopez

Suriel Lopez

• 298 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
These actions may help:

In MindManager Options > Add Ins check that the Outlook Add In is turned on.

In Outlook (you have Office 32bit version which is good because it does not work with 64bit version)
Check that the Add In - Export to MindManager has not been disabled. File > Options > Add Ins > Manage (bottom of window) Disabled Add Ins.
Check that the MindManager Add In is shown on the Add Ins ribbon.

If enabling add ins does not work. Close MS Office, MS Project and IE, and run MindManager repair from Control Panel > Programs and Features

I used the functions yesterday on a Windows 7 64 bit - MS Office 32 bit PC yesterday.

See you have just fixed it. The above may help if it goes AWOL again.

Blog: http://www.applications.cabre.co.uk/ Applications of MindManager
Photo of Suriel Lopez

Suriel Lopez

• 298 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Thank you Andrew, if it goes again I will try your suggestion which is a little less aggressive than mine!

Peter R Hawkes
Photo of jerry.mings

jerry.mings

• 142 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
That solution does not work for Mindjet 2012 and Outlook 2012 32 bit.
Photo of Alan Harris

Alan Harris

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK... I have Mindmanager 2012 and Outlook 2010 64bit... can import/export/link Task to Outlook from Mindmanager... or is there a patch I should be looking for?
Photo of greg.long888

greg.long888

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I emailed the Mindjet support desk and the office 64 bit issue is not on their radar.
here is their response.
Pretty poor really. Luckily the vendor i bought it from thought that it was lame and refunded my $ for the upgrade i had purchased.

Shame though as i my company has gone 64 bit so can't use an application i have used for 5 years,

Thank you for contacting Mindjet Support, and thank you for your question. Unfortunately I do not have a projected release date for this request. If you would like to add this as a feature request, our product team directly monitors our "Online Community Forum". I have included the link below if you would like to submit it to the site as a feature request. Again, thank you for your question and if you have any additional questions please respond to this email.

Online Community Link: http://community.mindjet.com/mindjet

Best regards,
Carly Fifield
Mindjet

Your comment:

Microsoft 64 bit version. When will this be available. I would like to buy mindmanager 2012 but it if it doensn't work with office 2012 outlook integration for 64 bit, i'll need to wait.
Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
Greg - please reference this community post from one of our product managers: http://community.mindjet.com/mindjet/.... Thank you!
Photo of Alan Harris

Alan Harris

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I was using MindManager as a Task Dashboard for Outlook (found it more useful to organize info than OneNote... but without the ability to sync the Tasks this in currently impractical... please fix this!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.