Cannot connect to the dropbox server

• Problem
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I am using the Mindjet for iphone V2.5.
I had set the dropbox account information correctly in the cloud storage and the mindjet did sync to my dropbox mindjet folder a few times.
However, when i tried to open my dropbox account in mindjet recently, it always popped up a window saying Cannot open folder (Cannot reach server).
What interesting is that at the same time mindjet saying that it cannot reach server(the dropbox server, I think), my dropbox app on my iphone4 was working perfectly on both uploading and downloading files.

What should I do with this?
Photo of zhaosong414

zhaosong414

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
Is this problem persisting? If so, is this happening with all of your maps or just one map? Thank you.
Photo of dharmanaut

dharmanaut

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
All maps. It just quit working with Dropbox even thouugh absolutely nothing changed (except Mindjet update or two ...).

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
Can you send me a few screen shots of what is happening when you try to access Dropbox from the Mindjet application? That would be helpful. Thanks!
Photo of dharmanaut

dharmanaut

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Brittney - I don't get anything of interest to see. Recall this is iPhone. The synchronize button glows & says synchronizing quickly but maps in my root folder just don't sync in either direction. It used to work fine and I made no changes to anything. My Dropbox acct works fine with my MacBook Pro under Lion. It is as though an update disabled it. Given that I no longer have the option of syncing to my local machine, this is disappointing.
Photo of WolgangW

WolgangW

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi,
when I try to open my dropbox account in mindjet,constantly poppes up a window saying "Cannot open folder"
Cheers
Wolfgang

sites of mine include http://privatekrankenversicherungtest...

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
When you initially sign into Dropbox via the Mindjet application on your iPhone/iPad, the application will automatically create the Mindjet folder. Is that where the Mindjet folder was originally created? Please confirm.

Have any sub-folders been added to the Mindjet folder in Dropbox?

Thank you.
Photo of dharmanaut

dharmanaut

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Brittany-

1) Yes, I'm using the auto-generated Mindjet folder on Dropbox.
2) No, subfolders have not been created within it. I did have a subfolder on my iPhone, but when I realized the product only supported syncing from the root folder (that is weird), I moved everything from the subfolder to the root, but it didn't help. Still dead.

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
Thank you for this information. Once you moved your files from the sub-folder that you had created back to the root folder, did you then delete the sub-folder or does it still exist? If it still exists, try deleting the sub-folder and let me know if that helps.

What type of connection are you using? Wireless, 3G, Tethered?
Photo of dharmanaut

dharmanaut

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Wireless Apple system under Lion/iOS. You should know that it syncs downward correctly from Dropbox, but no longer syncs anything up to Dropbox. This all after making sure that all other folders have been deleted anywhere in MJ for iPhone and that I'm using only the root folder.

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
When you refer to the root folder, you are referencing the Mindjet root folder in Dropbox correct?
Photo of dharmanaut

dharmanaut

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
No. I realize only the MindJet folder in the Dropbox cloud works for syncing in with MJ for iPhone. I am referring to the root folder in MJ for iPhone. My understanding is that we can only sync from the root folder in MJ for iPhone to the Mindjet folder in the Dropbox cloud. But I still can't sync up to the cloud anymore, only downward. I considered deleting my Dropbox profile in MJ for iPhone and creating it again from scratch, but I receieved a message indicating all my related folders would be deleted, which I can't do. Good grief! Please help as I can't get my stuff off my iPhone at all.

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
I understand your frustration. I have been speaking with our technical support team regarding this. It would be best if you contacted DropBox support as this may be an issue on their end. Thank you.
Photo of dharmanaut

dharmanaut

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you for speaking with technical support. With all due respect, I don't see how it could be a DropBox support issue as DropBox works perfectly everywhere except in my MJ for iPhone (uploading only does not work). I suspect a strategy to force me to use Connect, but I won't be coerced in such a manner.

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
DropBox recently changed their format and we believe that is attributed to the issue with the DropBox sync.

However, our technical support team has recommended that you try moving the maps that you have in the Mindjet DropBox folder back to the root folder in the MindManager application. Once you have done that, delete the Mindjet DropBox folder. Try to re-sign into DropBox and save a map back to the Mindjet folder. Please let me know if this works.

If this does not work, try contacting DropBox support: https://www.dropbox.com/help. Keep me posted. I definitely want to continue working with you to resolve this issue.
Photo of zhaosong414

zhaosong414

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I find something more about this problem. I tried to copy files to my dropbox account. After a few seconds of waiting, it tells me again "cannot open folder, cannot reach server". But interestingly, when I open my dropbox app and get access to my Dropbox account, I find the new file there! The file is correct.
This indicates that the file transfer is accomplished successfully. I suspect that the "cannot reach server" message is due to the failure of listing the files in the folder.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.