Can't find version of MindManager 2012 to reinstall

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
Good evening, three years ago I purchased Mindjet MindManager 2012 Professional for Windows Education Perpetual (1 User). Now I have a new laptop (windows10) and want to install the software on my new machine. I can't find a version 2012 PRO to download (but 2011, 2013.. yes). How do I do this? Thanks so much for your help.
Evelyne
Photo of Evelyne

Evelyne

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1232 Posts
  • 181 Reply Likes
 You can google on "download mindmanager 2012" and select the desired version.

By the way, There has never been a mindmanager 2012 professional version, nor a version 2011 or 2013. So.....?
Photo of Griffith John

Griffith John

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1232 Posts
  • 181 Reply Likes
Hi John,

I guess Evelyne already found those, but needs to download the -academic- MM version 2012. I think you call it version 10 for windows
That can be found via google, but not on the current - standard- mindjet website anymore.

I googled and found this: http://download.mindjet.com/MindManager_10.1.459_EN.exe

in the old library
http://www.mindjet.com/support/product-resources/channel-download-library/overview-with-11.1/
(Edited)
Photo of Evelyne

Evelyne

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks a lot for wanting to help me. I just launched my MindManager software on my old laptop and it says clearly "MindManager 2012 Professional". Also on my invoice there is "Mindjet MindManager 2012 Professional for Windows Education Perpetual 1 User (Electronic Download)" mentioned. I'm trying to figure out the exact version but haven't found the "about" option so far...
Photo of Evelyne

Evelyne

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'll try the download links now. Should I uninstall first the version on my old laptop prior to installing the software again on my new laptop? I guess so?
Photo of Evelyne

Evelyne

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ah I've found the exact version number that I have, it's the 10.2.404
Photo of Evelyne

Evelyne

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
So well, my installation didn't work. I've contact Mindjet customer service. Hopefully they'll be able to help. Thanks everybody!
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 364 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hi Evelyne, 

Support for MindManager 2012 has been discontinued and this version was not designed to run on Windows 10. However, you may get the application to work by enabled .NetFrame 3.5 in the Windows Control Panel. 

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard. b) Type “appwiz.cpl” in the “Run” command box and press “ENTER”.

c) In the “Programs and Features” window, click on the link “Turn Windows features on or off”.

d) Check if the “.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)” option is available in it.

e) If yes, then enable it and then click on “OK”.

f) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and restart the computer, if prompted.

Best, 

-Marian
Photo of Evelyne

Evelyne

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Dear Marian, thanks for the clear instructions. Unfortunately the ".Net Framework 3.5" option was allready enabled... I'll wait for the answer of Mindjet support service. If their reply is that I have to buy a new licence, I'm afraid that will be the end of my MindManager use...