Cant open HTML5-document in IE 11 - blank page

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago

I have win 10 and Mindmanager 2017. When I export to HTML5 and try to open the document in Internet Explorer 11 I get a white, blank page.

It works fine with both Edge and Chrome.

The problem is that IE11 is our standard application that everyone uses...

Whats the problem?

Photo of Roger Edqvist

Roger Edqvist

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 102 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Hi Roger,

IE 11 is a supported browser so this is likely a bug that has been resolved in a newer version of the HTML5 export. Are you using MindManager 17.0 or 17.1? You can find this information under File/Help in MindManager and look to the right side under the "About Mindjet MindManager" heading
(Edited)
Photo of Shelly

Shelly

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I had similar issue but was able to use CHROME and it had no issues.
Photo of Roger Edqvist

Roger Edqvist

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

I realize that I have missed a crucial part...

• It works fine to open in Edge and Chrome at all times
  • It works fine to open in IE11 when the html-file is stored on the file-system
  • It doesnt work in IE11 when the file is stored in SharePoint 2010 (where i actually want to have it...)
Version: 17.1.178
(Edited)
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 98 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Hi Roger,

SharePoint has security measures that disallow opening an HTML file directly in their system. We do have a SharePoint app available to Enterprise customers that allows viewing mmap files stored in SharePoint directly in the browser without needing MindManager but it has to be installed on your SharePoint site first. Does your company have an Enterprise agreement with Mindjet?
Photo of Roger Edqvist

Roger Edqvist

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Hi Sia,

We do have a Enterprise agreement, how do we get access to this app?

Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 98 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Hi Roger,

Your sales rep should be getting in contact with you and give you further instructions. Let me know if you don't hear anything in by the end of the week.
Photo of Left for XMind

Left for XMind

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi,
I am right now testing MindManager and I have the same problem but on a Mac. Tried Safari, Chrome and Opera. When my map was really small the export worked. 
Error message: File format is not recognized.
Using Version 10.5.133. 
/Björn
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 98 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Hi Bjorn,

If you are using Mac version 10.5 the error you are seeing is a bug that was fixed in a newer version of the exporter. Below are instructions to update the HTML export for MindManager for Mac v 10.5 to the latest production build.

• Download version 1.2.103 of the HTML5 map viewer from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B11EYGgKiy1yTExDQWhjcFc4UDQ/view?usp=sharing
• Unzip the file
• Navigate to the Applications folder, right click MindManager and select “Show Package Contents” 
• Inside the package contents navigate to the Resources folder Replace MmHtmlViewerTemplate.html with the new version you downloaded 
• Restart MindManager
Photo of Left for XMind

Left for XMind

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I followed your instructions but the problem is still there. Same Error message.
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 98 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Hi Bjorn, 

Please open your exported map, cancel the "File format is not recognized." message and then press CTRL + M to view the version number. What does it say?
Photo of Left for XMind

Left for XMind

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ctrl+M hides the window in OSX but if I open the file with a text editor the first part goes: 
   <meta charset="utf-8">    <meta name="version" content="1.2.103">
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 98 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Hi Bjorn,

That is the most recent production version, so I think the best way to proceed is to send your map to us so we can investigate. Please send your map to customer.support@mindjet.com and in the email mention that the HTML5 export is not working and ask them to forward the map to me.

Thanks,
Photo of Left for XMind

Left for XMind

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
OK
Photo of Left for XMind

Left for XMind

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
As I told you in my direct mail to you the solution you gave me was a quick fix.
I tried your renamed and updated version of my file and it did work until I changed something in the map and exported it again. After the export I get the same error again. Sorry to say but the bug remains.
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 98 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Hi Bjorn,

The export error is caused by a rare bug where the Mac app saves an xmmap even though the extension says mmap. The HTML5 export only supports mmap format, so the best way to resolve this right now is to make sure that you use "save as" and choose mmap as the file type. Then the export should work.  
Photo of Left for XMind

Left for XMind

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks, that works.