can't create new contacts

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

i used to be able to create/add a new contact to a map from in Mindjet (and it would also populate Outlook with the same contact) - it was excellent. I've recently upgraded to MJ 2012 and can't seem to work out how to create a new contact while in Mindjet. has this funciton been removed? if so, why? thanks
Photo of Nic Dennis

Nic Dennis

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1037 Posts
  • 251 Reply Likes
Unfortunately the ability to create Outlook contacts, emails and notes from within MM was deleted from MM9 onwards. I've never understood the reasons for this as it was quite a useful tool.

Fortunately you can still use the Send To tool to create Outlook tasks and appointments from within MM9 and MM2012. Everything else you have to create in Outlook and then either export to MM or use the MM Outlook query tool to pick up (the query tool works better in MM2012).

Once you have either exported the items from Outlook to MM or queried Outlook from within MM you should be able to make changes to all items (except emails) in MM and sync them with Outlook and vice versa.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.