Can't explore Sharepoint 2010 sites through MindManager 2012

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Hi
I have a question regarding the dynamic sharepoint integration with MindManager 2012.
Basically, when I wanna explore the sharepoint 2007-based sites of my company , everything works fine. However, as soon as I start to explore the SP 2010-based sites, I end up with the following error message "Error retrieving SharePoint subsites".
Do you know how can I make things working or is it simply that the SP 2010 sites are not yet supported?

Thanks in advance

Dali
Photo of cassiusdali

cassiusdali

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Dali. Thank you for your post. I spoke with our support team here regarding the issue you explained above. They indicated that they will need to gather further information in order to identify why you are experiencing problems. Since we do not have all of your contact information on file, it would be beneficial if you could open a ticket with our support team. This way they will be able to work directly with you in resolving this. Thank you. Please follow this link: https://secure.mindjet.com/support/co... to open a ticket.
Photo of jhs626

jhs626

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,

I'm having the same problem and wondering if there's been any progress on Dali's question. My issue appears to be identical (I can't navigate sub-sites when I try to use the SharePoint MapParts that work fine for SharePoint 2007 sites.).

I also tried to run the RSS macro for the same site and that failed - no error... just no change nor any indication it failed. Perhaps these are related and may help expedite the troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Jim
Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Jim. You mentioned that you are having problems accessing sub-sites when you try to use SharePoint Map Parts. Do you have access to all folders and sub-folders that you are trying to access? Make sure you have at least “Contribute” access starting at the Sharepoint Root level on down the sub-sites. Please note that MindManager cannot display documents to which you do not have permissions. Thank you!
Photo of David Gwyn

David Gwyn

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm experiencing the same issue and submitted a ticket as well. Surprised there hasn't been any posts showing how to solve this basic issue.
Photo of Terry Dalton

Terry Dalton

• 304 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Hi David, to reiterate what Brittney mentioned above, make sure you have at least “Contribute” access starting at the Sharepoint Root level on down through the sub-sites. Please note that MindManager cannot display documents to which you do not have permissions.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.