Can't Export Mindjet 2012 to Microsoft Word 2010

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
When exporting to MS-Word 2010, I receive the following error:

"MindJet MindManager cannot complete Microsoft Word export process because of the following error:

MindJet MindManager fails to initialize Microsoft Word. Please make sure Microsoft Word is properly installed on the machine.

Please contact MindJet Technical Support for further help."

Microsoft Word has been working perfectly for a number of years, so this does not seem to be the problem. Furthermore I used earlier versions of mine just before installing this 2012 version and they all worked fine.

Would love to receive your ideas on how to make this work.
Photo of Lance Secretan

Lance Secretan

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Lance. Thank you for your inquiry. I have opened a support ticket on your behalf. Someone from our team will be reaching out to you regarding this.
Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 348 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Lance,

You could also have a look at OPTi-Word, an add-in that offers an alternative export for MindManager.

There is a trial version and it might help you while your issue is investigated.

Nigel
Olympic - OPTi-Word
Photo of garry.c.stewart

garry.c.stewart

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yeah, tried the trial and immediatly got "Opti-Docs has encountered an unknown error" the minute I selected a map topic. Un-installing now.
Photo of Lance Secretan

Lance Secretan

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This was the suggestion I received from MindJet, and it worked.

To Activate Mindmanager Add-In in MS Word

File-- >Option-- >Add-Ins-- > under " Manage "
select "Disabled items" click go and see if MindManager is listed there.
If yes then select and enable it.

then Go back and select "COM Add-ins" and see if you see it there.
If it is there then highlight it and at the bottom look at the location it should point to to current version (C:\Program Files(x86)\Mindjet\MindManager 10\Mm10Word.dll

If above solution does not work then a simple way to fix many technical problems in MindManager is by running a repair of the installation. The repair function will run a small installation process that will re-register the .dll files, re-register Office addins, replace missing or corrupt files and generally clean up and reset the installation without needing to run the full install setup again.

To do so, first close ALL open applications ( MS applications) running on your machine.
Note: Before repairing, be sure to backup your license key.
Steps:
Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs / Uninstall a program.
Select Microsoft Office in the list and Right click and choose Change a Microsoft Office screen will appear, please select Repair from the choices listed.

After the Office repair is complete (reboot of the machine may be required, please do so).

Next:
Select your current version of MindManager, Right Click and choose Repair.
Reboot of the machine may be required, please do so at this time.

You should have only ONE version of MindManager and Office components installed for optimal performance.

If the problem persists after the repair of MindManager please reinstall ,in some cases Uninstalling MindManager from the Control Panel then running a repair of Microsoft Office then re-installing MindManager restored the Add-in functionality if a repair did not.

Thanks,
Shilpa
Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 348 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
@Gary

I'm sorry you had an issue when trying OPTi_Word. I noticed you downloaded late yesterday afternoon but did not see any support requests come in. Did you submit the issue to us or simply post that it did not work for you above?

If you would like to submit more details to support@olympic-limited.co.uk we can try and help fix any issue you experienced however, if your system (MindManager and Word installs) is already compromised then it may be no surprise the add-in had issues as well.

Thank you for trying to use our add-in and I am sorry that on this occasion it did not work out for you.

Regards

Olympic Limited
Photo of Evan Riser

Evan Riser

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I see that this was answered. What was the solution?
Photo of Lance Secretan

Lance Secretan

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is the solution proposed by MindJet, and it worked!

To Activate Mindmanager Add-In in MS Word

File-- >Option-- >Add-Ins-- > under " Manage "
select "Disabled items" click go and see if MindManager is listed there.
If yes then select and enable it.

then Go back and select "COM Add-ins" and see if you see it there.
If it is there then highlight it and at the bottom look at the location it should point to to current version (C:\Program Files(x86)\Mindjet\MindManager 10\Mm10Word.dll

If above solution does not work then a simple way to fix many technical problems in MindManager is by running a repair of the installation. The repair function will run a small installation process that will re-register the .dll files, re-register Office addins, replace missing or corrupt files and generally clean up and reset the installation without needing to run the full install setup again.

To do so, first close ALL open applications ( MS applications) running on your machine.
Note: Before repairing, be sure to backup your license key.
Steps:
Select Microsoft Office in the list and Right click and choose Change a Microsoft Office screen will appear, please select Repair from the choices listed.

After the Office repair is complete (reboot of the machine may be required, please do so).

Next:
Select your current version of MindManager, Right Click and choose Repair.
Reboot of the machine may be required, please do so at this time.

You should have only ONE version of MindManager and Office components installed for optimal performance.

If the problem persists after the repair of MindManager please reinstall ,in some cases Uninstalling MindManager from the Control Panel then running a repair of Microsoft Office then re-installing MindManager restored the Add-in functionality if a repair did not.

Thanks,
Shilpa

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.