Can't set MM2012 to open an existing connect map on startup

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Hi

I have created a "map of maps" in connect that i would like to open on startup, but when i go to general settings, and choose existing mindjet connect map, it opens the connect file selection dialog but goes no further than saying "loading maps"

any ideas what i might be doing wrong?
Photo of John

John

• 27 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of John

John

• 27 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
oh, its the windows version running on XP btw!
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1298 Posts
  • 197 Reply Likes
As Windows PC's can only actively use templates that are stored at the PC, your request is not possible in my humble opinion.

However, i would suggest this is an idea, and see who finds a solution.
Photo of John

John

• 27 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Ah, ok,

I put it up as a problem as it is an option in the dialog, it just doesn't work!

the dialog box specifically separates local files and connect files, it just then refuses to show the list of files available on connect.

Cheers,

John
Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 512 Posts
  • 170 Reply Likes
John

I got this to work on 10.1.459, but have seen other reports of the "loading..." condition in Mindjet Connect. I think it should work (i.e. it is not designed out) but there must be an intermittent or platform-specific condition that is preventing Mindjet Connect from connecting. Do you have the Mindjet Connect options set for automatically signing in on startup?
Photo of John

John

• 27 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi,

Yes, i have it set to automatically connect,

it's wierd, as i get a similar problem when i try to add a hyperlink to a topic to a connect map, although i have gotten this to work twice, but not every time i've tried

version i have is 10.1.459 on win xp
Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 512 Posts
  • 170 Reply Likes
Unfortunately I think the only thing to do here is to report it to Mindjet Customer Service, although if it is an intermittent issue that cannot be reproduced on demand, the best hope is that it will get resolved as part of other fixes.

Please could someone from Mindjet add any comments about improving the reliability of the connection to Connect. Is there is anything that can be checked on the client side?
Photo of Esther van Wijngaarden

Esther van Wijngaarden

• 154 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
@John,
When you use the MindManager desktop version together with Connect Basic (Free), you cannot select a Connect mindmap in a hyperlink or in the MM startup.
I got the same error 'loading', see my topic in this forum http://gsfn.us/t/2wowp.

There has not been a solution yet. Nick gave me a workaround for the hyperlinkpart:
You have to open the (connect) mindmap in the browser version of connect and then you can link to another connect file.
Photo of John

John

• 27 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Thanks Nick and Esther

That's interesting, i managed to get MM2012 to hyperlink to a Connect free map, by selecting the folder, then it says loading, then i clicked the select a folder button, so the right window closed, then i clicked on the folder again and all my files appeared. I only had one folder, not 2.

But as the dialog is different for opening up at startup, i can't use this trick!

I tried to see if there was a way of using mindjet connect to set the start up options but there doesnt seem to be (i realise this was a long shot, but i figured i'd at least look)

I guess a support ticket is the best way forward, any hints on how to do that?
Photo of Esther van Wijngaarden

Esther van Wijngaarden

• 154 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
It is a bit hidden on the Mindjet website, try this address:
https://secure.mindjet.com/app/suppor...
Photo of John

John

• 27 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi,

I Got this back from support, and it fixed the problem

"I'm afraid I haven't seen this issue before and wasn't able to reproduce it either, all worked fine for me. Please ensure you have a good connection, as this may be the reason that MindManager times out at some time while searching for the account or files.

Also, the issue could be caused by corrupted Mindjet Connect cache data. Please close MindManager, delete the cache folder an re-attempt to select the startup map:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Mindjet\MindManager\10\Connect
"

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.