cloud access

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
What is the best way for a shared storage space to access mind maps from two different company networks ? 

Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 81 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1216 Posts
  • 316 Reply Likes
Depending on the respective security protocols of the two companies involved, you could have a common mind maps folder on each company server, each of which is synced with the same cloud-based folder. Any additions or changes to material in this folder on company A's server would be synced automatically with the cloud folder and in turn with the identical folder on company B's folder.

I currently do this at the individual computer level between my desktop and laptop folders map which are both synced with the same maps folder on Dropbox. In fact I sync my entire documents folder across both machines using this approach.
(Edited)
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 81 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
The different security protocols are a big problem... 

Yes  normaly I would think I have 2 accounts both with MS Office 365, so I use one drive on both accounts and synchronise them - but I found no way to do that.

For synchronisation between my private computers I use my synology NAS with DRIVE - that works fine.  

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1216 Posts
  • 316 Reply Likes
When you say you "I found no way to do that", was the problem with OneDrive or because of the security issues? I've had no issues with Dropbox.
(Edited)
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 81 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
one drive security issues are the problem

private its not a problem to use one drive, dropbox, NAS  or drive - there a lot of good solutions.

But it seems for me that there is no way to synchronise between onedrive accounts from two companies.

For my work in the project I use two MM license - thats good for Corel:-) 

On my project I have a desktop client in the office - from the company for which we work.
For the work in the production plant with the mindmaps I use my laptop from my company.

By this reason I'm looking for a solution to synchronize a cloud storage with both computers from two different companies.

The use of a usb-drive is not the solution, because we are two persons which needs  the files.

Maybe somebody have the same problem and found a solution ?
(Edited)