Collecting ad hoc notes on a call / calendar event

• Idea
  • Updated 6 months ago
I spend much of my time on phone calls and zoom meetings.  I really enjoy MindManager, but I'd really appreciate a feature that allows me to quickly start a new basic map within an Outlook Calendar meeting, or Google Calendar Meeting.  By starting it from there (same place I initiate the phone or zoom meeting), the new map should collect the list of attendees, date, time, subject, etc, and allow me to quickly start posting my thoughts while on the call.  The map should save a reference to the meeting on my calendar, and the calendar event should save a reference to the map as well.  That would be sweet.

Thank you,
Kevin 
Photo of kevinrall75

kevinrall75

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1890 Posts
  • 339 Reply Likes
I assume you have MM vs 2020?

For collecting ad hoc notes I would suggest to use SNAP. As you know it is a separate app -comes when installing MM2020- that works on your desktop, smartphone and iPhone.
You can use that to create a library of adhoc notes, images etc that you can place in your meeting maps.

For your question to have: " a feature that allows me to quickly start a new basic map within an Outlook Calendar meeting, or Google Calendar Meeting etc etc " I have not found a way to do that.
This maybe something that Mindjet may pick up for future releases?

(Edited)
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1275 Posts
  • 354 Reply Likes
You could simply create the appointment/meeting in the Outlook calendar and send it to a new map in MindManager (or vice versa). You could then create a map linked to this topic in MindManager containing your meeting notes.

If you save and close this map and switch back to the appointment in Outlook you could insert a link to the map file in the appointment notes. If you sync this with MM the link will be retained (it won't be live at the MM end but it will still work in Outlook). The map itself won't be visible in Outlook but you only have to click on the link to be taken there. Any text you place in either topic notes for the appointment topic in MM or the comment field in Outlook will also be synced - though images can be a lot more problematic.

Another option if you use OneNote is to use it to integrate with both Outlook and MindManager. Outlook already has a degree of integration with One Note and there is a MindManager add-on called Pons which links it to OneNote. However, as I don't use OneNote I can't advise on how feasible this approach would be: http://www.onenotegem.com/a/addins/pons-for-mindmanager-and-onenote.html 
(Edited)