Conditional formatting seems to be still in the beta version

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
Hello

We use tags for tagging items in complex functional concepts for digital user interfaces. We also use conditional formatting. However, we have to say that they do not work dynamically:

If a tag is renamed, the conditional formatting that refers to that tag loses its effect!

Since one is used to in Mindmanager (and that's good ....), that tags work dynamically, for example also the coloring of text tags (with the symbol tags missing as the only exception the dynamic connection), this error is very annoying ; it regularly causes duplicate work that would not be necessary if the conditional formatting functionality had been correctly implemented.

Many Thanks
Chris
Photo of Hitsch

Hitsch

• 48 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • It seems to me that the further development of Mindmanager does not go any the way it used to. Is Corel possibly the blocking factor ...?

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 872 Posts
  • 220 Reply Likes
I can see the logic behind the current design, but I think your suggestion is a good idea if it can be implemented easily.

In testing this I discovered what I think is a more serious issue. If a rule is set so that a tag is the trigger and "Is Exactly" the condition, then in my view the rule should apply only if that tag is present. However, the rule can be triggered if there are multiple tags, provided it is higher in the list of rules.

In other words "Is Exactly" and "Contains" appear to work the same way. What should happen is that "Contains" should trigger the application of the rule if there are multiple tags but "Is Exactly" should be applied only if the relevant tag is the only one present.
Photo of Hitsch

Hitsch

• 49 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you for your thoughts.

A related problem is this: renaming text tags, or changing their color, is done automatically - dynamically organized - throughout the map. But if you change the symbol of a symbol tag, the corresponding tags in the map will not be adjusted. But one should expect this - it is the principle of format templates.

Maybe you can also implement this feature.

Best regards
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 98 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Hi Hitsch,

Glad to hear you are using CF. There are a number of very cool enhancements and new features for CF in our upcoming release. The issue you are referring to with tags and CF is a bug and is scheduled for a fix in an upcoming version but probably won't make it into the first 19 release.

Regarding icons not being updated on the topics when you "Modify" them from the index, I think this is a bug too. I'll check with engineering if there is some technical reason we can't do this properly.
Photo of Hitsch

Hitsch

• 45 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Sia Banihashemi

Thank You for Your answer.

So ingenious with Mindmanager works: The tool can always be better, but only as good as we users are ... :) 

Best Regards
Chris
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 870 Posts
  • 219 Reply Likes

Hi Sia,

Is the issue I referred to regarding "Is Exactly" and "Contains" appearing to work the same way when used with tags in a trigger for Conditional Formatting going to be looked at as well?
(Edited)