Connect Business keeps switching to read only

• Problem
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have an always-on, 250 Mbps, unlimited usage fibre optic connection to the Internet that no-one else is using, yet Connect Business keeps switching to read only every so often while I'm trying to type.

I even got a "You have been timed out because you are allowed a maximum of 10 simultaneous connections" message.

What gives?
Photo of Robert Millar

Robert Millar

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
Similar experience but only on a 6mbs connection :(
I was also kicked out with only 5 maps and files open.
Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
Robert - I have opened a support ticket on your behalf. Someone from our team will be in contact with you regarding this issue.
Photo of kilucas

kilucas

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I was kicked out 3 times today. I don't know what connections we have from work. I haven't noticed this before though I'm a bit new to Connect.
Photo of Robert Millar

Robert Millar

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Today, while typing in a map topic, I got a pop up saying "You do not have sufficient privileges to use this map." Oh really? Then, given that I'm the only user, who does?

It seems that the developers have been over zealous with security here. At least that's the overall theme I'm perceiving in this forum - The iPad app, the desktop/browser based app, they are so locked down that they have been pretty much rendered unusable.

I'll give it a couple more days then I'll revert back to Mindjet Catalyst. Not as pretty, but robust and reliable, which would seem the higher priority.

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
Hi Robert. I have added this to the original case that I opened for you. Our support team will look into this as well. It could be related to the read only issue you are experiencing. I know that our support team will be follow up with additional questions for you shortly. Thanks for the update. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this for you!

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
It would be really helpful if one of you or all of you could answer the below questions:

1. Does this happen with any map or only with maps of a certain size?
2. Does Read Only go away and is then replaced with Loading or does the Read Only overlay stay?

A screen shot of what you are seeing on the web version of Connect as well as a screen shot from the MindManager desktop version would also be helpful.

Thank you!
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
1. Any map. The ones I have been interacting with recently are small < 50 topics
2. Read Only goes away and is not replaced with anything.
Photo of Robert Millar

Robert Millar

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same for me as what Andrew has said.
Photo of Granite

Granite

• 34 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I was running into same issue multiple times a day until I was given a pre-release of the next version of Connect to use by Mindjet tech support. Since then the issue seems to have gone away.

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
Great! Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will pass all of this along to our team.
Photo of Granite

Granite

• 34 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
scratch my earlier comment - even running the pre-release, i just encountered this issue again.
Photo of Robert Millar

Robert Millar

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I really need to get a resolution on the "You are limited to 10 simultaneous connections" issue : http://screencast.com/t/bNN6gdpa

I am the ONLY one connected, and I am getting these forced logouts which make the program useless.

And when I log in again, I'm taken back to the Files view, so the map I was working on has been closed and all settings have been lost.

I'll give it till the weekend then I'm out. I've had enough.

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
Hi Robert. I have updated your case with our support team with this information. Thank you for sending over the screen shot as well, this is helpful. Have you had a chance to look over the questions that Chris sent over on Tuesday? I appreciate your updates. We are working hard to find a resolution for you.
Photo of Robert Millar

Robert Millar

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Brittney, yes, I answered the questions that Chris sent over a couple of days ago, and asked him a couple, but got no reply. JFYI, I really can't spend any more time troublshooting this software, so I plan on rollng back to Catalyst + MM8 next week.

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
Thanks Robert. I will be sure to follow up with our support team today regarding this.
Photo of Robert Millar

Robert Millar

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Since it's been about 2 weeks now of getting logged out of Connect randomly, and since no-one at support is able to come up with a solution, I have gone back to Catalyst.

And it's beautiful ! No more going into read only mode, no more ridiculous "You are limited to 10 simultaneous connections" errors, and more getting logged out and losing my work.

Time to put software troubleshooting behind me and do some work!
Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 352 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
Yes. Catalyst was a much more robust application than Connect in its current state.

I suppose the big question is how long will Catalyst be available???
Photo of Robert Millar

Robert Millar

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Catalyst rocks. If it goes, I go with it, along with many others.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.