Connect to SharePoint Online through Office 365

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Planned
Add functionality to connect to SharePoint Online through an Office 365 account.
(from motosync)
Photo of Mindjet

Mindjet

• 558 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of kilucas

kilucas

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'm trying to use the Sharepoint Explorer map part to connect to an Office 365 sharepoint site. I've entered the site URL as http://mysitename.sharepoint.com/Team... but MindManager says "Error connecting to the site: teamsite".

Nothing asked me for any credentials to the SharePoint site which, I'd have assumed, were necessary.

Even if I continue to add the site to my Sharepoint site list I see no content.

So how should I connect successfully to an Office 365 Sharepoint site please?

Thanks

Kevin

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Connecting to an Office 365 Sharepoint site.
Photo of Mindjet

Mindjet

• 558 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes
(from Greg Lynch (Mindjet))

Connect SP to sit on Office 365.
Photo of Mindjet

Mindjet

• 558 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes
"Mindjet Connect SP for Ms Office365 SharePoint Online
Hi, can I expect from the developer create Mindjet Connect SP to Ms Office365 SharePoint Online?"
(from aaemelin)

Mindjet Connect SP for Ms Office365 SharePoint Online.
Photo of hanna.jim

hanna.jim

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
OK, so 3 months later, is there any answer to the issue? I've had exactly the same question for months, and all I see are deleted comments and links to other threads with no relevant information. Not helpful. Doesn't create much incentive to use this site as a resource.
Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Hanna. Thank you for your post. Currently, this is not yet supported, but we will be evaluating this more closely as Office 365 is increasingly being adopted and promoted.
Photo of Patrick Haynes

Patrick Haynes

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Brittney, any updates on this?
Photo of Jason Matyas

Jason Matyas

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
You're really giving the cold shoulder to your small business customers by not providing integration with Office365 and SharePoint Online.

I just learned that although Mindjet had said months ago it was about to release task sync for Connect (between Vision and Action), that has been tossed down the priority stairs in favor of other things. Here's what I wrote in response on that other thread, that is applicable here, because for me it relates directly to the lack of Office365 SharePoint integration:

"Here’s the deal: If you want to continue having credibility about offering an integrated solution, you simply MUST get the tasks to sync between Vision and Action. I know that I am likely not the only one that will not be able to use Action until this is complete.

I was really hoping that this was about to become a reality because I do both project planning and management in MM2012 and would love to be able to push it to my team using Action AND have updates visible in MM2012. My alternative is using SharePoint in Office365, but unfortunately Mindjet’s decision to not support Office365 (how could you NOT?), precludes task syncing via SharePoint task lists as well. Considering that MM2012 is my favorite software application, these two limitations are extremely disappointing."

Do you have an updated ETA on Office365 SharePoint integration?

I think you're really shooting yourself in the foot by delaying this any further considering that Office 2013 is coming out soon (preview is now live), and it directs people to transition to Office365.
Photo of Russell Gomez

Russell Gomez

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there any updated information around integration with SP Online?
Photo of Alex Martelli

Alex Martelli

• 68 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Mindjet On-Premise (formerly Connect SP) is in the process of getting Microsoft certified on SharePoint Online. SharePoint Online is part of the Office 365 package.

This option will only work on Office 365 Dedicated Subscriptions, not on regular Subscription plans. Dedicated Subscription servers allow for more functionality. This functionality is necessary for a Mindjet On-Premise installation.

An integration with the Mindjet for Windows application and Office 365 is under consideration. In the meantime, consider getting Mindjet On-Premise directly on your dedicated Office 365 deployment.
Photo of Jason Matyas

Jason Matyas

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I won't belabor the point I made earlier, but it's essential that y'all add integration for regular Office 365 subscriptions ASAP if you want to continue building on your history of strong MS Office integration. Many small businesses are and will be transitioning to Office365 soon, and if you want to be competitive in that market, you need to get it integrated fast.

Please give us an update on an ETA when you have one.

Thanks,

Jason
Photo of robert

robert

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Full integration into Office365 would be enormously helpful. Thanks!
Photo of Joe Heinowski

Joe Heinowski

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Alex,

Any updates. Our company is in the process of trying to link Mindjet, Sharepoint/MS365 & Deltek into one ecology.
Photo of Don Philmlee

Don Philmlee

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I would like to add my voice to those Sharepoint Online / Office365 users who want to have Mindjet integration. When will this functionality be added?
Photo of JohnD

JohnD

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Come on Mindjet! Im a mindjet 2012 user and office 365 user, office 365 share point integration is a no brainer! comeon sort it out!
Photo of Jason Matyas

Jason Matyas

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Back again to repeat that integration with regular Office365 accounts is a must for serving the small business marketplace.

Office365 is by far the most capable and underpriced SAAS service out there for office productivity.

Alex - what's the status of including regular Office365 subscriptions to your integration, and not just dedicated subscriptions through Mindjet On-Premise?
Photo of David Waters

David Waters

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just signed up for a 30 day trial of Mindjet today. The first thing a did was to check for SharePoint Online integration and found this thread.

There is no need for me to go any farther until this is fix.
Photo of robert

robert

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Mindjet. Any word on this? Thanks
Photo of rory.otoole

rory.otoole

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Can I add my support/request for MJ integration with Office 365. I'm new to Office 365 in an educational setting but would this feature cover maps embedded in Sharepoint Online/Office 365 web parts?
Photo of Jason Matyas

Jason Matyas

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
When is Office365/SP online going to be supported? We've been waiting for years!     
Photo of Daniel Slate

Daniel Slate

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have searched for this functionality to other mind mapping tool and would like to share with you that in DropMind(now the product has new name iMindQ) the integration with SharePoint 365 works perfectly...give it a try in the meantime while MJ implement it  
Photo of A. B. Coleman

A. B. Coleman

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for this. It seems to work and I have been trying to share maps through SharePoint for 5 years. The price makes it easy for all members of a small business team to have a copy.  
Photo of rory.otoole

rory.otoole

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Jason is correct. We've been waiting quite a while for someone from Mindjet to comment on progress on what is a key functionality required for organisations with Office 365. Is there anyone out there?
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch, Official Rep

• 438 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Hi all, the work to support this feature is commencing. 
Photo of A.B. Coleman

A.B. Coleman

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Finally, now I can stop constantly looking at alternatives:) I have lots of experience with Office 365 online and SharePoint online and on premise.  Would be happy to be a test case.  
Photo of rory.otoole

rory.otoole

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
And if Mindjet would like an education/school environment to work with, sign me up!
Photo of James Maddison

James Maddison

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

The first people to make a mindmap app for SharePoint online are going to make a fortune $$$. Need this so bad, is there an eta to market?

Photo of A.B. Coleman

A.B. Coleman

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Okay, have I missed something or was this only wishful thinking.  Micheal, Anything?
Photo of Robin Stern

Robin Stern

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Okay, Mindmanager 16 is announced and will shortly be with us. QUESTION: will it (or won't it) include integration with Office 365?  I think this question is to you, Michael Deutch, as you are the only Mindjet representative to have offered a commitment.
Photo of Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
You should be able to connect to SharePoint / Office 365 using the MindManager Linker which is delivered as part of MindManager Enterprise. 
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 829 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes

Michael I think you may have opened a can of worms! If I understand correctly, what you are saying is that in future you need to purchase MindManager Enterprise rather than the standard version of MM 16 to access Office 365 (and presumably future versions).

This will have major implications for a number of home/small office users who were doubtless looking forward to integration between the standard version of MM and Office 365. I'm also concerned at the implications for users of the standard version of MM 16 - will it continue to support existing and updated desktop versions of Office?

Photo of Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Hi Alex,

No, that wasn't what I was saying...or trying to say. I was specifically referring to the Office 365 hosted SharePoint integration. I was not referring to our integration with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, etc...). We do not currently directly integrate with Office 365 for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc... It is something we're looking to address in the future though. 
Photo of Sander de Jong

Sander de Jong

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
I must say I'm truly disappointed in the viewing point of Mindjet on integrating with Office 365 particularly and with third parties in general. If only I was able to show/export a fully functional MindMap to Office 365 (in SharePoint Online, that is...). I am the guy that people/companies listen to when advising solutions, and this is the reason why Mindjet is being deleted gradually... I cannot begin to tell you how unwise this course of action is, and don't give me crap about the current export solutions because none of them offer a full mindmap experience (mind you; flash is NOT the way!). Listen to your userbase, not to your investors.
Photo of Tomáš Petržilka

Tomáš Petržilka

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
There are 2 points regarding SharePoint 365 / Sharepoint Online integration, which must be distinguished. 

1. ability to open/save/check-out/check-in mindmaps from SharePoint 365 (including all authentication methods used in Office365 for corporations) 
  2. ability to link to SP365 list, tasklist, libraries,calendars etc. to create checklists/overview in mindmaps/charts 

The 1st point should be offered in all MM versions (not only in Enterprise) if not, the product is of no use with SharePoint.

The 2nd point is obviously non-standard mindmap feature and I understand it is priced extra (in MM Enterprise version)

The question is: Does MM 2016 (non-Enterprise) support 1st point?
Photo of Zig Bug

Zig Bug

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi,

I'm using Mind Manager 2016 and have been using the product through its different version for nearer ten years. In that time, Mind Manager has never truly got down to providing in its base a structured and layed out method for connecting to SharePoint. In the current version, they have appeared to have done no better - connecting to SharePoint sites generally does not work unless Windav is enabled and even then provisioning with a UNC option (which affects its performance) fails to work on Windows 10 machines.

Additionally, there is no functionality for Office 365 (i.e. open direct / publish to / etc). Except, as stated earlier, in their Enterprise edition.

I thought - what's the price for upgrading my version to Mind Manager Enterprise? Contacted my reseller, and this is the response:

----
Unfortunately the Enterprise product carries a 10 license minimum and I've been told theres strictly no movement on that I'm afraid.
There are subscription based licenses available but they still carry a 10 license minimum.I've spoken to Mindjet direct to see if theres a work around but was advised from all parties theres no room for maneuver.Mindjet don't offer upgrades of that nature and are unwilling to move for a single license.
----

And get this, for 10 licenses, its £3000 and you must pay the extra $500 maintenance cost.

And yes, I am only after a single licence - no joy I can't upgrade. Additionally, what about those small companies 1-5 who are using Office 365 who need the integration functionality? What about existing small companies who are using SharePoint? Are Mindjet seriously expecting those companies to fork out nearly £3k for 10 licenses?

Mindjet, you need to get real and look at the real world. There are a mass of companies moving to Office365. If they have users using Mindjet, how can you justify the cost of the product given that (a) there is no trial for Enterprise (b) the licence count will be in most cases higher than the employee base and (c) that there is no method of testing / justifying its support?

Am extremely disappointed my the move to only put SharePoint functionality in the Enterprise edition - again, seems to be a slap in the face for those who are ultra keen on the product succeeding and not taking into consideration any requests for this functionality which has been repeated over and over for at least the lifecycle of the product so far.
Photo of A.B. Coleman

A.B. Coleman

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have talked With a Mindjet support for over 6 years , and have been assured that Office 365/SharePoint support for small teams was in the plans. Usually, my consulting engagements use Mind Manager n the brainstorming and planning phase. My clients are small business owners or small teams in a larger organization. As soon as I attempt to distribute the maps for feedback and collaboration, having a large upfront cost becomes an issue. So now a just export maps to Xmind and put updated PDF's in Office 365/SharePoint document libraries. I no longer try to sell Mind Manager. My advice, move on.
Photo of hanna.jim

hanna.jim

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Totally agree. Mindjet is done, stick a fork in it. Reading through this thread is amusing, what a disingenuous stream of misguided, misdirected nonsense.  Gave up on Mindjet years ago, but thanks for the Xmind reference, I downloaded it and it looks promising.
Photo of robert

robert

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I agree. It's hard to see Mindjet retaining customers over the medium and longer term. Sad.