Connecting to an Office 365 Sharepoint site

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Connect to SharePoint Online through Office 365

I'm trying to use the Sharepoint Explorer map part to connect to an Office 365 sharepoint site. I've entered the site URL as http://mysitename.sharepoint.com/Team... but MindManager says "Error connecting to the site: teamsite".

Nothing asked me for any credentials to the SharePoint site which, I'd have assumed, were necessary.

Even if I continue to add the site to my Sharepoint site list I see no content.

So how should I connect successfully to an Office 365 Sharepoint site please?

Thanks

Kevin
Photo of kilucas

kilucas

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
We have customers who have successfully integrated with sharepointspace with an AD style login. We have succesfully tested the use of workgroup credentials internally.
Photo of kilucas

kilucas

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Brittney

Sorry to be dim but what's an AD style login please?

The Office365 sites normally have a distinctive login window (it looks like a small html window) which I see, for example, when connecting via the Web or through Outlook. So I'd guessed I would see that. But I saw nothing, making me wonder if I was connecting to the correct address, or whether the program I connect with - in this case - MM has to be aware of this Microsoft login process.

Thanks

Kevin

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
AD stands for Active Directory.

In order to best assist you, I would recommend that you open a technical support ticket. This way, our team will be able to gather all of the appropriate information to help solve the problem you are currently experiencing. Thank you Kevin.
Photo of kilucas

kilucas

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Very helpful. And I will do. Thanks
Photo of Alexander Korf

Alexander Korf

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
AD login is something completely different than the way Office 365 is providing access to sharepoint.

Was the assitance succesfull? Kevin, were you able to connect to your Sharepoint 365 environment? If so, please share? :)

If not, then @mindjet, where to receive technical help on this issue?

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Alexander, if you need technical support, sign into your Mindjet ID and you will be able to access the technical support case page. I hope that this helps.
Photo of kilucas

kilucas

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Alexander, I didn't manage to connect and so had hoped to open a ticket. I couldn't see how to do that but will try Brittney's guidance above. (My first attempts to login on www.mindjet.com just took me to Mindjet Connect rather than to any technical support).
Photo of kilucas

kilucas

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Brittney: Where do I sign in to my Mindjet ID please? I can see where to obtain one, and how to contact customer support if I have trouble doing so, but I can't see where to actually use one once I have it. Thanks.

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Here is the link that you are looking for: https://secure.mindjet.com/accounts/l.... I hope this helps!
Photo of kilucas

kilucas

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Brittney: Thanks for this. I can log in here and see three panels of information but they don't offer ticket raising. If I then go to Support I see much the same options as before but with no obvious way to raise a ticket. For example, the Contact Customer Service link just takes me to a map of service locations and telephone numbers. So where do I go to raise a ticket after logging in with my Mindjet ID please? (Sorry if the answer's obvious, but I've had quite a look around).

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
No worries. You can open a ticket by following this link: https://secure.mindjet.com/support/co.... Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you!
Photo of kilucas

kilucas

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Phew! Ticket raised. Thanks for bearing with me there!
Photo of kilucas

kilucas

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Reply from customer services is short and to the point:

"I'm afraid Office 365 is currently not supported. We are planning to integrate it but I do not have any information when this integration will be implemented."

I'm hoping for integration soon, especially given that Microsoft is pushing Office365 hard, MindJet has often seemed quick to follow Microsoft thinking, and I'm using both.
Photo of Jan Simon

Jan Simon

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello,
I am very disappointed.
It took kilucas some mails and interactions just to get the response that a major feature of Mindjet 2012 did not work. For me it was one of the update reasons to manage my share point sites that are hosted by microsoft.

Just now I get the understanding that it is not supported. I blame you for misleading advertising !!!

After I have rechecked your promotions I did not found any clue that Office365 is not supported - and as I have already mentioned - even your support personal did not knew it !

Shame on you Mindjet !!!

I am a customer since the early versions and upgraded almost any release also to express my satisfaction with the product as a software engineer. But I hate misleading informations...

So, when did you plan to support Office365 ? Will you pay me back my upgrade costs for Mindjet 2012 ? I found the amount for the upgrade only reasonable by combining the two products - Mindmanager and Sharepoint for Mindmanager...

with regards,
Jan
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch, Official Rep

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Jan,

I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience. You are correct, we do not support SharePoint hosted on Office 365. This was not an attempt to directly mislead. I'm going to have our marketing team update our technical requirements to be more clear on what we support and what we don't support.

Again, I apologize for your frustration.

Michael Deutch
Product Director
Photo of Jan Simon

Jan Simon

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Still no Change in Advertising or Product Marketing !
Still no answer when to expect this promised and payed functionality !
Still no proposal for payback !

Sorry Mr. Deutch, I am still very disappointed !

Only a creation of a new thread...(to hide this one ???)

Best regards,
Jan
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch, Official Rep

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Jan,

Thanks for raising this to our attention again. I'll personally make sure that we update our documentation to make our SharePoint support clear -- MindManager 2012 does not support Office 365's SharePoint Online.

We will definitely evaluate this as a new feature for a future release but I cannot make any promises for future features here.

Related to your last comment, this thread was merged with another similar thread with the same issue/concern. There was no attempt to hide this.

Thanks for your patience.

Michael

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.