Copy notes (a table) in bulk to topics

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
I am looking for a way to bulk copy a table I made to sub-topics in my map. So far I have tried the following:
  • To see if I can make a SmartRule
  • Select the desired topics and use the "Paste Notes".
It would be great if am able to automate this. But for now I would also be happy to do it manualy in bulk. To give you an idea of where I want to copy this info to, see the attached screen. The note should be placed in 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and onwards. 

Photo of Simon

Simon

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1215 Posts
  • 315 Reply Likes
Hi Simon,

Your question seems simple but I'm a little confused by the attached image. Do you want to copy and then do a bulk paste of a table to topic notes, or do you want to copy and paste a table of topic properties to other topics?

If you want to do the former then I don't think it's possible to do this with existing topics, but you could set up a topic with the table in the notes and save it as a map part. Then all you need to do is click on this whenever you want to insert a new topic with the notes table. 

If you want to copy and paste topic properties this can be done using the same approach, or you can use the Property Clipboard feature in the MAP add-in from Olympic Limited https://www.olympic-limited.co.uk/.

It might be worth asking Olympic about developing the ability to do a bulk paste of topic notes, if that's what you wanted to do.

Photo of Simon

Simon

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Alex,
I can see why the image is confusing, to me it made some sense when posting this question.

I want to copy and then do a bulk paste of a table to the notes of a topic. The use of a mappart is something I can explore. However, the copy question remains. 

Is the MAP add-in worth it? I have installed it once and did not seem to use it while working on maps. 

Cheers,
Simon
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1215 Posts
  • 315 Reply Likes
As I indicated the map part would only be useful you want to add new topics with notes incorporating the table - unfortunately it won't help with the bulk pasting of notes to already-existing topics.

The MAP add-in won't be of much assistance with this particular issue, but I have found it very helpful with a number of other tasks.