could you add a function that is able to search the Notes?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Dear Designers,
I wish the Mindjet cound search other fields besides only the topics. That would be much convenience. Thanks!!
Photo of YWJ

YWJ

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 512 Posts
  • 170 Reply Likes
Hello

Which product are you using? MindManager for Windows can search topic notes.
Photo of Carlos Saiz

Carlos Saiz

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Nick,

I have just tried with Mindjet 14 for windows where I have several topics with the text "TO DO:" and I have several notes also with "TO DO:"

If I use the normal search (ctrl-F or on the search window), it gets only to the topics where the text appears... but it does not show any of the topics whose notes contain also this string.

Is this working for you? with what search command are you doing the search?

Regards
Carlos
Photo of Jean-Francois Sweeney

Jean-Francois Sweeney

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Agreed. Not only should the desktop application allow searching into Notes, but Mindjet Viewer also... so when files are exported and distributed as PDF, users can usefully search the whole map content.
Photo of Carlos Saiz

Carlos Saiz

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,
I also agree with YWJ and Jean-Francois: it is a pitty not to be possible to search for content in the notes.
Actually I have seen a youtube presentation from Mindjet (the name is "Mindjet for Individuals", which I recommend as introduction), and there it is recommended not to load the maps with lots of information, and use the comments to off-load the data visualized in the diagrams.... this sounds like a very sensible recommendation.
But, if I cannot search on the notes and only on the content of the topics, then I will have to put all the data in the topics and overload the diagrams with text. 8-(
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1293 Posts
  • 197 Reply Likes
You can search on the text in TOPIC notes if you use the search tab (right side of screen)
There you can select where and what you are looking for.
It has been around for quite some time and is well documented in the help

Photo of Carlos Saiz

Carlos Saiz

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Ary,

Yes, indeed, I was using the default search configuration, and there the check box corresponding to the notes was not selected.

Many thanks for your help!