crashes upon opening file, backup file seems corrupted

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
Hi,

Mindjet crashes when I try to open a particular file, but I can open other files. I save all of my Mindjet files on Dropbox, so I downloaded an earlier version of the file. It opened but was strangely different from the file I created -- topics were missing or unnamed, the connecting lines were no longer curved, etc. I updated the file with the missing topics and shapes, but after saving and reopening the file the strange form returned--all of the data that I had just entered was gone. 

At this point, I find Mindjet unstable and unusable. I like the program, and I hope that there is a solution to this problem.

I am a new MindJet user. I use version 11 for the Mac, and my system runs Sierra 10.13.4.

Thanks for any help.
Photo of Elle

Elle

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Max Sargent

Max Sargent

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I would like to express my similar feelings and concerns with Mindjet.  I want to use it but the more I do, the more risk I am at loosing information and time, on top of what I am already loosing by fighting all the bugs and shortcomings in program.  Here is my message to Mindjet developers, I'm using Enterprise Version 18.1, for me to continue using your product/s, there must be immediate and significant improvements in, but not limited to, stability, usability, and functionality.
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1319 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
@Max Sargent.

Strange... The post is about the new Mac version 11 and you are using the Windows version Enterprise vs 18.1?

I don't see the behavior that  Elle describes on her MAC in my Windows enterprise version.

And yes developers should always provide the best they can.

So please list your problems, with images/video examples in separate posts for each issue. That will really help. Thanks.
Photo of Elle

Elle

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,

Do I need to supply additional information as well? I'm not sure what images that I can provide if the problem is that the program crashes when attempting to open a file.

Thanks.
Photo of Max Sargent

Max Sargent

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

@Ary Velstra

My apologies!  I'll be glad to do as you ask in the appropriate category.

With kind regards.

(Edited)
Photo of Elle

Elle

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It has been two weeks, and my problems persist. Is there another way to get help?
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1318 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
The fastest way is to contact mindjet support direct.

Goto www.Mindjet.com
Scrolldown till you see the dark bar and find the word support.
Click on overview
Select your support area etc.
https://secure.mindjet.com/accounts/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fapp%2fsupport.aspx%3flang%3dde&lang=...

It is clever if you use your free mindjet id. You can create it when you are at the welcome screen Just Sign UP
(Edited)
Photo of Elle

Elle

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you!