document file not found in archive

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
After upgrade of MindJet MindManger to 2019, it can't open one of my .mmat files. Error message says 'Document file (Document.xml) not found in archive.
Photo of Anna Löfgren

Anna Löfgren

  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 weeks ago

  • 1
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

  • 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
Check the location were you saved it in your MM2018 version.
Photo of Anna Löfgren

Anna Löfgren

  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for answer.
Not sure I follow what you mean. You mean if I have moved the file and that is why the application cannot find it. Well, I try to open it from the file itself. It was originally stored in a sharepoint site. Then when I encountered the problem, a made a copy and placed it on my computer, locally. Same problem still.
Or, maybe you mean I should check something else with the location? In that case, what?
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

  • 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
Your MM2019 cannot find a MMAT file? This is a template file. It should be stored where all your template files are stored. That way MindManager can find and open them best.

Can you open that template file from > New> Local Templates > your own templates?
Can you find it in the Template Organizer?


Photo of Anna Löfgren

Anna Löfgren

  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi. Yes, it was by mistake stored as a template, but it seemed to work before the upgrade so I never put any effort in converting it.
I now added it to my templates (it was not in the template home page) and I tried to open it. But I get the same error. It is now visible in the 'Template home' with a red crossing.
By the way, I can open other .mmat files. Like old backup copies of this particular file.
Photo of Anna Löfgren

Anna Löfgren

  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi again. Just to say I solved it :-) Found an old thread where aHa!Coaching describes this:

I was able to repair it by renaming it to ZIP and then using DiskInternals ZIP Repair.

I did the same, opened it with the ZIP Repair tool. Something was fixed. Closed it renamed it back to .mmat. And Voila! It opens as before :-)
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

  • 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
TOP