Does an expired trial version keep map formats 100% okay for viewing and printing ?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
My colleague has no  need to alter or create maps, but does need to print out and review detailed maps on large-format paper.

The PDF export and Mindjet online options appear to break up critical aspects of format, so they cannot be the solution (and ProjectDirector would be overkill for present purposes ).

So: if my colleague downloads the trial version, will it keep absolutely 100% of my layout and custom formatting - including SmartFill, both for viewing and printing, as if on my own machine, even when the trial version has expired after 30 days?

Can anyone advise with a confidence that comes from experience on this? Many thanks!

David A.
London
Photo of David Abrahams

David Abrahams

• 46 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 348 Posts
  • 134 Reply Likes
David,

You can test this simply by removing your own license key temporarily.

Go to File->Help then click License Key button and select your key. Press CTRL+X to pop it onto the clipboard and then click OK.

Test the functionality you want to check remains and then repeat and CTRL+V to put the key back and get full functionality again.

Might be worth just jotting the key down to save you searching for it in the event you overwrite the clipboard during your testing.

HTH

Regards
Nigel

MAP for MindManager - more than 30 new functions taking MindManager to the next level. A must have for all Windows MindManager users. Now with extended license plans for Enterprise and Education - Learn more at www.mapformindmanager.com
Photo of David Abrahams

David Abrahams

• 46 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Nigel,

This sounds like a very smart, logical and simple test. I'll give it a try just as soon as I'm back near the printer.

Many thanks for the swift reply too.

Best wishes,

David
Photo of David Abrahams

David Abrahams

• 46 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Nigel,

Just to report that your thinking was spot on: removing the licence key still leaves 100% viewing and printing capability, which is exactly what's required.

Again, many thanks.

Best wishes,

David

• 348 Posts
  • 134 Reply Likes
David,

Glad to help.

Out of curiosity did the Smart Fill functionality still work? My thinking is it should not as it requires writing a change to the Topic(s).

Nigel
Photo of David Abrahams

David Abrahams

• 46 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Nigel,

The map is read-only: whatever SmartFill had resulted at the last save still shows correctly, but cannot be altered by varying associated inputs.

Best wishes,

David

• 348 Posts
  • 134 Reply Likes
David,

Of course it is....been a long day :-)

Nigel