Does mindmanager 2019 has topic line in tapered style ?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Other mindmap products has topic line (the line between topics) in tapered style (wide at one end, and narrowly pointed at the other end). Does mindmanage 2019 has that too?
Photo of hanzhiding

hanzhiding

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1545 Posts
  • 233 Reply Likes
I think you mean organic style. It is available via the settings. Please show an example image. It helps us help you.
Photo of hanzhiding

hanzhiding

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, it is something like the blue line under Architecture in the image, where one end (attached to the central topic) is larger than the other end (tapered).
I have change the line style to organic in the format topic..dialog box, not still unable to achieve the tapering effect
How to Mind Map
(Edited)

• 1545 Posts
  • 233 Reply Likes
Organic view comes close.
MindManager does not have another option for this kind of layout to my knowledge..
Maybe because MIndManager is used in Busines area's more and more.
Photo of Alexander Shein

Alexander Shein

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello, guys
looks like I lost a little bit
I could not find a tickbox how to turn on "organic" lines. Seems like it was removed from the General Layout tab

• 1545 Posts
  • 233 Reply Likes
You can select organic under the twistie that shows All Topics in your example above

This is in the Help:
Change the general layout of the map

The General Layout options are only available if you have the central topic selected. These options apply to the entire map. You can only set these options in Map View.
Read Note

1. Select the central topic.

2. On the Format tab, click the Object Format dialog launcher. Or, click the Topic Shape arrow and select Format Topic.

3. On the General Layout tab, choose the desired attributes for the map.

• Organic appearance makes the main topic connecting lines look more like hand-drawn lines.

• Display shadow adds a shadow to the topic connecting lines and topic shapes.

• Main Topic Line Width controls the thickness of lines connecting the central topics and main topics.

• Main Topic Spacing controls the spacing between the main topics.

1. Click the Map Theme button if you wish to save these settings as theme defaults for this map, or re-set the topic's formatting to the default formatting from the theme.  
    Read Hint

(Edited)
Photo of Alexander Shein

Alexander Shein

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, Ary
I was trying different options trying to obtain variable width of the lines
The best result I got was when I use "Main topic" option with huge line thickness
I could not see any difference between "All topics" and "organic lines" option except in "All topics" program draws line with more width

Is it right?

(Edited)

• 1545 Posts
  • 233 Reply Likes
Yes this is it. I have not found anything better. For you the second one seems the best to go with. Success
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1038 Posts
  • 251 Reply Likes

The operation of the Organic Appearance tickbox we had under the General Layout tab up until MM 2018 seemed inconsistent, but the new arrangement is even more confusing. 

Having to choose the line appearance not from a dropdown menu specifically for this purpose but instead via a "Thickness applies to" menu is not exactly intuitive. Even then the choices are obscure and the effects depend to some extent on the Line Style selected under the Subtopics Layout tab.

As indicated above, the most "organic" effect comes not from selecting Organic Lines in the Thickness Applies To menu, but instead by choosing Main Topic Line.

However if you have selected curved lines under Line Style than Organic Lines will give you a subtle "reverse organic" appearance, where the lines taper towards the central topic rather than away from it. This doesn't seem to apply however if you choose any of the other line styles.
(Edited)