Drag a file onto map as shortcut on MAC

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
I've just switched to mac.  Does anyone know how to drag and drop a file onto a mindmap as a shortcut?  On the PC you just dragged it over holding ctrl or shift or something, but none of those work on Mac.

Any thoughts?
Photo of Nick Barthram

Nick Barthram

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • angry about macs

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Mark Beare

Mark Beare

• 21 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Nick,

Currently, there is no way to drag a file in as a link. You need to right click on the top and choose 'Add Link..' and then choose 'File or Folder from the 'Link To' drop down.

This below screenshot shows how it works in Windows (gives you the option). We will aim to do something similar in an upcoming release.

Thanks for the feedback. Please keep it coming!

Mark
Photo of Nick Barthram

Nick Barthram

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Gotcha.  Thanks for the reply.

It was a function I used a lot on PC, bulk uploading files and then going through them in Mindmanager.  If you could include in future versions for Mac would be amazing.
Photo of Paul Myers

Paul Myers

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I agree the Windows version seems much more mature in its operation techniques..Please transfer Windows MindManager functionality t0 Mac Please 
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1210 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
Is it your MAC or is it MindManager? ;-)
Photo of Paul Myers

Paul Myers

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Its definitely Mindjet......... but I am open to change!  if you know better any help is much appreciated...

• 1210 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
I agree the mac version is still behind the windows functionality. The good news is that mac vs 11 is a real improvement. But developers are not done..I believe that until the products are on par, mindjet continues to sell the mac version at ca 50% of the windows price
(Edited)
Photo of Paul Myers

Paul Myers

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
That's not helpful to people who have moved over to apple thinking the product is on par or better than Windows

• 1210 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
I see your point, but although I am not employed by MIndjet... to support them...

They never claimed the products have the same functionality in the Windows as in the Mac version.

See the chart Windows vs. Mac Comparison Chart