Efficiency Boosters

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago

Hi MindManager Enthusiasts, 

What are some of your most used efficiency boosters in MindManager?

Anything you would recommend to new users that would make their life easier?

Some examples of efficiency boosters are adding new topics by pressing the Enter key, copying  icons & tags from one topic to another by dragging them from one to the other, and holding the CTRL key while dragging a topic to create a copy.
Photo of Edyta Niemyjska

Edyta Niemyjska, Official Rep

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Brian Morse

Brian Morse

• 36 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I like using Ctrl+K to open the Link dialog in MindManager and Ctrl+V to paste a path to a folder or file.  Preceding that I highlight a file I want to link then copy the filename and path to the clipboard in Windows Explorer using Shift+Right Click and choose Copy as Path. 

I also use Ctrl+T to open the Text panel where I keep lots of notes about a topic.
I use Phrase Express and defined F5 to create a date and time stamp in the Text panel.  F5 creates the same time stamp in Notepad so I wanted to replicate that behavior in the Text panel.
Photo of Detlef Huß

Detlef Huß

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I'm pressing every few minutes Ctrl+S for saving the current version of my map I'm working on. Once being ready, I'm closing the map by Ctrl+F4, in order to sync it with my OneDrive, thus having all of my files always with me.
Photo of Andrey Kazak

Andrey Kazak

• 60 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
You may find MindManager Keyboard Shortcuts quite useful: http://onlinehelp.mindjet.com/help/MindManager/20/EN/mindmanager_help.htm
Photo of Edyta Niemyjska

Edyta Niemyjska, Official Rep

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you for all your feedback. Another shortcut that I use a lot and that could useful for new users is Ctrl+Enter to add a subtopic. 
You can see the full list of shortcuts here: http://onlinehelp.mindjet.com/help/MindManager/20/EN/keyboard_shortcuts.htm