Embedding attachments in Word Export with relative links

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

How to embedd attachements in Word export and maintain relative link when sent to someone else. My export has absolute links and if I move the Word export file or the attachements folder the links in Word no longer work.
Photo of Jeff

Jeff

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Ryan Rudnitsky

Ryan Rudnitsky

• 20 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
If you have embedded Attachments in the document, when you use Export to Word it also creates a Zip File with those embedded Attachments where the hyperlinks link to. If you include the attachments in the email you send to someone else, it should work fine.

Photo of Jeff

Jeff

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The Export to Word process does not create a Zip File, it just creates a directory with the embedded attachments. The hyperlinks to the embedded files in the Word document maintain absolute references and not relative.
Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 352 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
What type of attachments are they?

If they are additional Word documents, Excel spreadsheets or PDF's you could try our alternative Word export for MindManager, OPTi-Word.

We have just updated it to enable your exports to include these types of attachments in the output rather than linking to additional files.

There is more info on our websit here:
http://wp.me/PGe5D-19m
Photo of Jeff

Jeff

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The attachments are pdf documents. I would like them to export into the PDF viewer file but attachements are not included. It looks like OPTi-Word would work, just would prefer that there be a solution without purchasing an additional $40 add-in.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.