Ensure 2017 64-bit version installation?

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
I use 64-bit Office 2016. MM 2017 now installs under \Programme (x86). I understand, that this is the 32-bit version. How can I enforce the 64-bit version?

Regards,
Detlef
Photo of Detlef Huß

Detlef Huß

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Shilpa Kabra

Shilpa Kabra, Official Rep

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Detlef,

Mindmanager should automatically pick same bit rate version based on MS office Bit version while installing.
The combined installer detects the bit version of Microsoft Office on the system and installs the same bit version of MindManager.
If you want the 64-bit only link,I have created a case for you and a member of our Support Team will send you a link for the 64-bit installer. 

Thanks,
Mindjet Support
(Edited)
Photo of Jason Volpe

Jason Volpe

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I would like the same x64 bit as well.
Photo of Ekrem Okanovic

Ekrem Okanovic

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi there,

I have Office 64-bit, but for some reason Mindmanager don't recognise that, and install 32-bit version. Can I also get 64-bit version of MM17.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Ekrem Okanovic
Photo of Shilpa Kabra

Shilpa Kabra, Official Rep

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Ekrem,

Do you have multiple version of MS office installed?
Ideally combined installer detects the bit version of Microsoft Office on the system and installs the same bit version of MindManager.
If it is not detecting right bit version can you please create a case with mindjet support to troubleshoot further.
Please use this link: https://secure.mindjet.com/app/support.aspx
to open a ticket with our support team. 

Thanks,
Mindjet Support
Photo of Detlef Huß

Detlef Huß

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Obviously the setup routine got a bug regarding the recognition of MS Office 64-bit. I'm afraid, I've encountered a subsequent bug, after having uninstalled MM 32-bit and newly installed the 64-bit version, by the link I was provided by the support. MM17 64-bit now starts with an error message, claiming to miss a dictionary, for which it searches in the former 32-bit path (..\Programme (x86)). Hence I would like to recommend to wait a bit, until all of this would be sorted.

Nevertheless, I'm pleased about the new MM17.
Photo of Detlef Huß

Detlef Huß

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
For the other users here: Shilpa kindly provided me with support:

• download.mindjet.com/MindManager_64bit_17.0.290.exe
  • the fix for the dictionary path issue:
  • 1. Open the Windows Registry editor. 

2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mindjet\MindManager\15\Spelling Checker

3. Delete entry 'DictionaryFolder'. 

4. Start MindManager.

Regards,
Detlef
Photo of Jim AK

Jim AK

• 73 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks for this. 

Saved me the effort of having to install and uninstall the 32-bit version.
Photo of Steve Evans

Steve Evans

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a product key for MM but since I had to upgrade to a 64 bit the program errors when our desk top support team try to install. I am on win 2007 and office 2016. Is there something you can do to get around this for me?
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1243 Posts
  • 183 Reply Likes
I assume you have the Key at hand? Please go direct to Mindjet Support via
https://secure.mindjet.com/accounts/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fapp%2fsupport.aspx%3flang%3dde&lang=...

And use your free Mindjet ID or register for your free ID.

They can help you best even if you are not on the latest version
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
It all depends on the type of errors you're running into, Steve. Would you be able to share some more details?