Error 1406 during MM15 install

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
I'm having a problem with an install of MM15. During install I get approx 4 of these Error 1406. The errors all have to do with writing the registry keys for the Menu extensions in IE.

Doing this on Win7 Enterprise Edition as a user with admin rights and have also run the installer as admin as well.

A interesting side note is that when I manually try to add a key at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\

I also get an error writing the the registry.  I can create keys elsewhere in the hive and when I look at permissions, I have full control.  Not sure what is wrong.
Photo of Don

Don

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 374 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Don, 

Are you running Windows 7 on Parallels Desktop? If yes, then you will need to temporarily remove Parallels Desktop Tools, then install MindManager. 

Please view this Knowledge Base article -  http://kb.mindjet.com/articles/en_US/Knowledge_Article/Parallels-Installation-of-MindManager-for-Win...
Photo of Don

Don

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Perfect and thanks!
Photo of Hideo Kanie

Hideo Kanie

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Don,

How did you do the process successfully ?
I uninstalled Parallels desktop and tried to install MM15 on MAC. But MAC did not accept MM15.

Also when I recovered Parallels , Windows 8.1 did not work correctly and I was forced to reload Windows 8.1 and now it is working.

Thank you for any advise.

Regards
Hideo
Photo of Hideo Kanie

Hideo Kanie

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
P.S.

My error message is as follows:

Error 1406.Could not write value Contexts to key¥Software¥Microsoft¥Internet Explore¥MenueExt¥Send Link To MindManager. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Hideo
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
MindManager for Windows has a different license key than MM for MAC
So installing MM15 on your Mac will never work
If you install MM 10 for Mac on your mac you will need your MM for Mac license key

So please read this: http://kb.mindjet.com/articles/en_US/Knowledge_Article/Parallels-Installation-of-MindManager-for-Win...

If you have installed Parallels on you MAC you can use MM15 for windows and the MM windows license key without any problem unless you have not installed Parallels correctly.

My advise is, to always simply install Parallels without thinking, simply click next, next etc and it will work.

Succes
Photo of Hideo Kanie

Hideo Kanie

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for the advice.

I will try from the very start.