Error exporting to Word 2007 from MindManager 8

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
I receive the message "Mindjet MindManager fails to initialize Microsoft Word" when trying to export a map to Word. I have Win7 32 bit, Office 2007, Word is funtioning properly. I've uninstalled & re-installed MindManager 8. Error message attached.
Photo of garry.c.stewart

garry.c.stewart

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • sad

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
Is this new behavior or did it work before?

Can you check if you have a MindManager icon in the Add-Ins Ribbon Tab in Word?

If you need a quick export, I'm more than happy to do this for you.
Photo of garry.c.stewart

garry.c.stewart

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It was working at one time. Seems like some other sw install or other configuration change caused it to "break".

Yes, the MindManager icon appears in the Add-in ribbon, and the "send selected test to a MandManager map" works.
Photo of garry.c.stewart

garry.c.stewart

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Also, I see a similar issue here, apparently answered, but no info: https://community.mindjet.com/mindjet...

(I have Office 2007)
Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 348 Posts
  • 134 Reply Likes
Gary,

You could try OPTi-Word and see if this helps. Its available as a trial for 7 days so might help while you sort the issue out.

OPTi-Word

Olympic Limited
MODi4Maps - "Do More with Mindjet"
Photo of garry.c.stewart

garry.c.stewart

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yeah, I tried this and immediatly got "Opti-work has encountered and unknown error" the minute I selected a map topic, and every time I select a map topic. Uninstalling now.. :-(
Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 348 Posts
  • 134 Reply Likes
@Gary

I'm sorry you had an issue when trying OPTi_Word. I noticed you downloaded late yesterday afternoon but did not see any support requests come in. Did you submit the issue to us or simply post that it did not work for you above?

If you would like to submit more details to support@olympic-limited.co.uk we can try and help fix any issue you experienced however, if your system (MindManager and Word installs) is already compromised then it may be no surprise the add-in had issues as well.

Thank you for trying to use our add-in and I am sorry that on this occasion it did not work out for you.

Regards

Olympic Limited

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.