when mindmanager is open any excel file opened from the task bar recent files takes over 30s to load.
close mindmanager and problem goes away
mindmanager 17 windows 10, office2016
If MindManager is running, opening an Excel file from explorer takes about 20s.
When MindManager is not running, it opens immediately.
If Excel is pre-loaded and mIndmanager is running, it opens immediately.
I've made different tests:
- I've disabled extensions in Excel (COM Complement MM) an MindManager (Excel linker). The problem is the same. I've noticed that it points to the same DLL. Don't know if it matters.
- I've uninstalled Excel add-in in MindManager -> same problem
- I've repaired Mindmanher installation -> same problem
- I've repaired Office 2013 installation -> Same problem
After a click on an excel file, I went to MindManager and exits from it -> Excel file loads immediately
I'm using Windows 10 64-Bits, MM17 64bits and office 2013 64 bits
i have a workaround for this problem.
for me it works if i run MindManager2017 as administrator.
I set this in compatibility settings of the MindManager2017-link on my desktop
So word and excel start in view seconds.
i also disabled the compatibility assistant from windows 10 because after closing MindManager i get a message from the assistant.
if you use mapped network drives you have to add a value in the registry
add a new DWORD (32 Bit) named EnableLinkedConnections and set value to 1
reboot and now use your network-drives as administrator
i hope i can help somebody.
this post is old but if it can helps, the problem is solved for me?
first sorry for my english, i'm french;
1/ my environment : same problem with pcs on windows 7 10 mindminager 2017 with excel 2010
pcs are in domain,
users are "simple" users not administrators (but the problem is the same with an administrator account)
files on local computer or network
2/ resolution :
- open the registry
- save the key (and subkey) HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.12\shell\open
- delete all in open
that means HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.12\shell\open\command and ddexec
- do the same for the branch HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.8\shell\open
note : the excel.sheet.12 is for xlsx files
and excel.sheet.8 is for xls files
3/ reassign the files :
right clic on a xlsx file, "open with", find and select excel.exe
do the same for the xls files
tested on several computers : all is good for me
i don't know if it works for office 2013 or 2016