Executive department within organization chart

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • (Edited)
I am wondering if it is possible to create what we call a Stabsstelle in German (Engl. "executive department" ) in an organization chart.

These are the departments, that are shown between the connection from first to the second level -  department or person. They are often used for assistance to the CEO for example.

Hope my explanation is clear. :-)

Best
Stefan
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1352 Posts
  • 203 Reply Likes
Well...You can do it by creating a floating topic with the name of your Stabsstelle and place it close to where you want it. You could create a relationship line to the department where it is a Stab for.

However this has no relation to the mapping structure. So it works fine just for views and presentation purposes.

Bear in mind that you may need to reposition it when you add or delete subtopics in your diagram.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your reply. I'm really wondering, that MM is not offering this function within the chart. It's so basic.

• 1352 Posts
  • 203 Reply Likes
It is not so basic since a map is based on the mindmap structure. _ it's is a tree structure.
The org chart is just a view that clarifies things for some users and in some situations.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
From my point of view, MM has its roots in mind mapping but goes far beyond that field today. And therefore the developers should try to do things better not only good. Adding such a function is no rocket science. They claim to be the market leader, don't they?

• 1352 Posts
  • 203 Reply Likes
Glad to be of help ;-)
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 886 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
You could also try using call outs and formatting them to look like standard topics in the chart. they can however be tricky to position, especially in an org-chart.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, Alex. Seems to be the only way.