export hyperlink to MS Word as hyperlink?

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
Would it be possible to add an option to MM2018 that would enable exporting topics with single hyperlinks pretty much directly, such as in:

<a href="hyperlink URL">topic text</a>

?

The "See also:" or "See document:" variant is ... ok, but the more direct conversion would seem much more attractive, at least to me!
Photo of Werner Beck

Werner Beck

• 36 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1264 Posts
  • 340 Reply Likes
You can remove these prefixes in the Advanced tab of the Microsoft Word Export Settings dialogue box.
Photo of Werner Beck

Werner Beck

• 36 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
While I can remove that little bit of extra text, the ":" that MM adds after that text still remains.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1264 Posts
  • 340 Reply Likes

True, but there is a workaround involving both MindManager and Word.

First in MM select a little-used character such as "#" as the prefix text. When the hyperlink is exported the resulting combination prefix for the hyperlink is "#:" In Word you can use Replace to search for this combination in the Find what field but leave the Replace with field blank, effectively removing only the unwanted colons.

(Edited)
Photo of egor beans

egor beans

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
3 years later and this bug still hasn't been fixed. This app needs so many workarounds, it must be possible to just show a hyperlink instead of "see also: [hyperlink]".  Come on devs, fix up! Also the hyperlinks have an additional problem now: on mac they show as "/Users/usename/Desktop/" is appended to the the beginning of every link. Where can I report this additional bug?
(Edited)