Export topic notes to Excel as a column, not separate tab

• Idea
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Under Consideration
The export to Excel functionality has improved in some welcome ways for MM2020. BUT topic notes are now exported as separate worksheet tabs, not as a column (as for task properties, categories, etc). This makes the output useless without manual work to copy and paste the notes back into the main tab. 
Photo of robert

robert

• 20 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 400 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
Hi Robert, 

Thank you for your feedback. We chose to add notes to a separate tab in the workbook to reduce the size of columns in Excel but I understand your point and the limitations this introduced. I'll circle back with my team and explore our options to enhance this in the next release. 

Best, 
-Marian
Photo of robert

robert

• 20 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Marian. Perhaps you could present it as an option at export time?
(Edited)
Photo of robert

robert

• 20 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Also,, just to note, when exporting notes to Excel, MM2020 strips out quite a lot of space characters. I can't spot any pattern to it, but it's approximately every 10 words or so. It would be great if that bug could be fixed as a priority, please. 
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1112 Posts
  • 266 Reply Likes

I would strongly support this, but there should also be an option to export Topic notes as Excel cell notes as well. In other words, there should be four options for Topic notes when exporting to Excel:

- Export as a column
- Export as a cell note
- Export as a separate tab
- Exclude topic notes.