export using native Word styles

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
I found several conversations about exporting a MindMap to Word using native Word styles instead of MM styles.  They all point to the Word Template tab on the Microsoft Word Export Settings window.  I did exactly as the instructions say: select my Word template, map my Word heading styles to the MM Topic levels, and .... my Word document STILL has and uses the MM styles.   Am I missing something important?  I think I'm still using MM 15 - is this a bug?
thx - Bill
Photo of bill burkett

bill burkett

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1009 Posts
  • 247 Reply Likes
No, this is still standard behaviour in MindManager. If you want to export without the MM Word styles the best option is to use the MAP add-in from Olympic Limited, which also gives you a lot more control over the export process (and also has a lot of other features).

If you don't want to use an add-in the best approach is to export the file then use Word's style manager to highlight each heading with an MM style and apply the relevant Word style. If you are exporting up to, say, four or five levels this isn't too time-consuming to do.
Photo of bill burkett

bill burkett

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, Alex -- I'd gotten the impression from past posts on this subject that it WAS possible to export without the MM styles.  I'll take a look at MAP 3.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1009 Posts
  • 247 Reply Likes
Thanks - I think there was a degree of confusion in that thread. The MM styles created by MindManager are obviously based on the standard styles but also independent of them.