Export issues

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
I am experiencing issues with MJ for Mac v 10 exporting to Word or Pages. I see others had the same issue over the past year with v. 9. Seems like it hasn't yet been fixed, even in the upgrade to v.10.
Basically, with Word I walk through the menu steps and Mindjet says 'Export Complete' but when I look for the file in the destination folder, it doesn't exist.
With Pages, a file name shows up, but it can't be opened.
If this is a known issue, that has remained unresolved for a year or more... that's a concern.
Could you please help? And when might the issue be fixed? Seems like a fundamental hole in functionality. As it's also not the first problem I've encountered with Mindjet (the other issue, full syncing to Mindjet Web, which hasn't yet been resolved either) it seems like there is serious functionality deficits with the Mac version that need to be fixed, and quickly, considering the annual subscription fees.
Thanks
Photo of DJ Konz

DJ Konz

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated.

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Thank you for your inquiry. I have opened a technical support ticket on your behalf. It is case #00286851 for your reference. Someone from our team will be in contact with you.
Photo of DJ Konz

DJ Konz

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks!
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
Would be really nice to have the outcome of the support case listed here as well? Otherwise, what's the point in having a community forum?
Photo of DJ Konz

DJ Konz

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Will post again when support responds and on the outcome. Cheers
Photo of DJ Konz

DJ Konz

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Mathieu and all,

After a week of waiting, I received this reply:

"Regarding the export to Word problem:
This is a known issue concerning maps with hyperlinks to local files and folders which is currently being reviewed by development.
We hope to bring a fix for this soon. I'm afraid I do not have a release date for this at the moment.

Best Regards,

Steven".

So no joy...
Photo of William Babbitt

William Babbitt

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for posting this. I was able to get export to Word working by removing a top level .pdf file from the main topic. All of the other nodes only had note files, and the export was successful. It also worked for exporting to keynote. Pages says that it exported, but the .pages file does not have a valid format.

Shocking that this is a known issue for a year now, and nothing has been done to fix it. MJ should then at least remove the menu items, then we could all save the time spent trying to do something that is quite plainly not implemented.

MM and MJ for Mac have never been a priority, I no longer use Windows, at all. There is an alternative product that I have used on Linux, available for all 3 platforms, actually has all advertising functionality working - but relies HEAVILY on Java. Java makes my machine run too hot, so I won't do it.

...Just waiting for the day that SOMEBODY will make a mind mapping app that actually works, and does what I need it to do, on the mac.
Photo of DJ Konz

DJ Konz

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi William,
Thanks for your post. Yes it's disappointing that this has been an apparently long known issue, and is not yet resolved.I replied to this response (above) asking if I could speak to someone about the matter of licencing fees (which are the same for Mac users as Windows users, much less functionality, as you have found) but both it and a follow up email have been completely ignored to date.
So it seems there are issues with both product and customer services. Disappointing. The product has great potential.
Cheers
Photo of René van Hezewijk

René van Hezewijk

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Solved? I guess not. I still cannot export from MJ for Mac to WORD or Pages; to do with Java system error. Please solve....
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 374 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Rene, 

Thank you for your post. As a temporary solution, the export should still complete after clearing the Java error. Please also be sure to remove any attachments from your Map. 

Photo of René van Hezewijk

René van Hezewijk

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dear Marian, of course I cleared the Java error, at least tried to. To no avail. Nor are there attachments. It seems that MJ doesn't find the installed recent version of Java at all. 
Photo of Johan Hägglund

Johan Hägglund

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello MindJet,
Is some one working on this?
MindManager is quit useless for me if i cant use what i create in the maps...
Looking forward to some roadmap or estimated time.
Photo of Lia Fraser

Lia Fraser

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am so disappointed... I have been using MJ for windows for years and have recently purchased it for my mac.  One of the best features is exporting maps to word, which does not work in mac.
I am disappointed that this has been a known issue for at least 2 years.... very disappointed.
Please notify me once this 'known issue' is fixed or what the ETA for a fix is.
Photo of ChrisBloor

ChrisBloor

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

"Shocking that this is a known issue for a year now, and nothing has been done to fix it. MJ should then at least remove the menu items, then we could all save the time spent trying to do something that is quite plainly not implemented" 
I am utterly disgusted! Just completed $20k worth of maps that now wont export. To search for a solution and see it takes a week to get a response, only to be told "Yes we know there is a problem but basically we haven't fixed it in a year..."
This is one MindJet user right from the beginning that is now looking very closely at the competition!
Photo of Ismael Ramírez

Ismael Ramírez

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have the same problem... I can`t view the file in pages the system indicate: "The file is older, to open before save in Pages '09 version" please help.