export to PDF of a big map (500 Mo) never completed...

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
I use mind manager 9 for mac. I would like to export a map to pdf. It is quite big (500Mo = many photos inserted). It doesn't work. It never ends (I have a very fast internet connection)
. What can I do ? Thank you for your help
Photo of laurent

laurent

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Thank you for your post laurent. In order to best assist you, I would recommend opening a ticket with our support team: https://secure.mindjet.com/support/co.... They will need to gather your contact information as well as find out additional information regarding the issue you are experiencing. Please attach the map that is giving you issues to the ticket as well. Thanks!
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1033 Posts
  • 177 Reply Likes
I hope your images are on the topics. Images in Topic Notes are not supported in the PDF viewer export.

If you are using the standard image in a PDF export. What size sheet are you using for the PDF export?
Photo of laurent

laurent

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, my images are in the topics. I made some tests with a small file

It works perfectly well. That's really because I created a 500 Mo file. It never completes upload...
I'm in trouble because we are a consulting firm and we made all this work for a big customer. They want a PDF. And we have no solution.
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1033 Posts
  • 177 Reply Likes
I suggest using Right click Send to Linked Map and splitting the big map into several smaller maps. With the parent map open View > Linked Maps and you will see them all as thumbnails. You can have more than one level of linking.

Try Select All and print or export to PDF. I think there is an option to print pages to one PDF file in PDF Xchange although personally I use FinePrint and PDF Factory.
Photo of obie akpachiogu

obie akpachiogu

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
It's usually not a good idea creating very large maps with attachments and links because the heavier,perhaps the more difficult it is to handle. I'll suggest you reduce the file size of your pictures first and then reattach after removing the original attachments. Break the maps into smaller units and use a link to get to the smaller maps from the central theme map.However i know that if you reduce the image sizes first it will help the map remain smaller. If want to know how to reduce your image sizes without loosing picture quality so much,please let me know and I'll help with a guide.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.