Export to Word 2011 from MindManager Mac v.9.0.214 = No file!

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
I want to export a MindManager Mac v.9.0.214 map. The process have worked in the past (see image export06.png). I have no error message but the process result no file. The folowing screenshots illustrate the process and the settings.

It is crucial for my work to be able to export my map in MS Word. I choose and buy MindManager just for this feature. Same result with Pages 09.

HTML export produce a zero k empty file. Same thing for the txt and opml formats. It seems that only PDF, RTF and RTFD export formats are working but they are useless for me because I need to work in Plan mode in MS Word.

Help me please or fix that bug quickly.

I apologize for my bad english, I am from Montréal, Québec, and my main language is French.
Photo of Philippe Bonneau

Philippe Bonneau

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Philippe. Thank you for your post. In order to best assist you, I would recommend opening a ticket with our support team. They will need to gather your contact information as well as additional information regarding the issue you are experiencing. Please be sure to include these screen shots as well. You can reach our team by following this link: https://secure.mindjet.com/support/co...
Photo of Sandro Bedin

Sandro Bedin

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi there was the problem of Philippe solved? I have exact the same problem...

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Sandro. Thank you for your post. In order to best assist you, please open a ticket with our support team. They will need to gather additional information regarding the issue you are experiencing. Please use the like provided above to open the ticket.
Photo of Aaron McLoughlin

Aaron McLoughlin

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
let me know how it gets fixed, i did 3 hours of work on my mac mm waiting to export it to word (it won't open on my pc mm) so very keen to find the solution , aaron

Philippe Bonneau

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Not fixed yet.

Philippe Bonneau

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I also noticed that the sharing menu was grayed. So I copied and pasted all my map in a new map. Then I was able to share my map in Catalyst but the map is empty in the player. I will open a support ticket.
Photo of Jerome

Jerome

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Export does not work at all since the very first release of MM9 mac... don't bother with this software

Philippe Bonneau

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Fixed. Technical support send me a script to clean some old files and a «fixed» copy of my non exportable in Word file.

I run the script, restart my computer, try to export to Word the fixed file with success. My old non fixed file failed to export again. So the problem was a mix of a bad file and the thing the script fixed. I don't understand what’s happening but the result is that I am back to work in MindManager and that’s make me happy.

I ask the support person details to understand the problem and to not reproduce it in the future but I have no answer yet. If I get an explanation I will post it here
Photo of Mohammed Dessouky

Mohammed Dessouky

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have the same problem using MManager Mac 9.0.214 ... export won't work to MS Word. Any ideas? I would rather fix this then keep sending my files to support to tweak every time I need to export to Word.
Photo of Aaron McLoughlin

Aaron McLoughlin

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
i think the problem came about using text in the note sections and links. when i deleted them it worked. aaron
Photo of Mohammed Dessouky

Mohammed Dessouky

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
@Aaron, I think you are right. I removed the hyperlink and notes and it worked. Wonder if Mindjet know about this bug/
Photo of Jeje91

Jeje91

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Yeah right, don't use the software, it's gonna work ;-)
Photo of Paul Engel

Paul Engel

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mmmm. I have no notes or links in my mindmap, but alas, no Word doc export.

I desperately need the word export in a crucial project I'm doing.

@Mindjet team: please give us a status update on this issue. The first complaint came in more than a month ago.

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi everyone. I assure you that improved export to Word is a priority alongside several other customer requests for future releases of MindManager for Mac.

Philippe Bonneau

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
My problem was caused by bad characters from copy-pasting text from PDF in notes. The solution is not easy but I can now fix the files myself. Open the .mmap file in an XML editor and find and delete these bad character strings. They appear to me like that (each line is a bad string):

ನ겺ߐĀ蟠ૉ
ನ겺ߐĀ煀Ǜ
ನ겺ߐĀترಗ
ನ겺ߐĀǜ
ನ겺ߐĀ嫰ಎ
®

The ® is caused by a ligature, a letter made by a glued f and i. It is frequent in french.

The support person write me:

Today I was discussing the issue with some senior engineers and they told me that we have been observing issues when you copy-paste the content from Word or PDF to notes inside Mindmanager.

We have already escalated the issue to engineering and they are in process of troubleshooting the issue.
Photo of Carlos Mora

Carlos Mora

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yup.. I have this exact same issue which is rally the whole point of having Mindjet: to build maps and then share with others.

Any update on when this issue will be addressed please?

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
I do not have a date of when this will be released, but I assure you that our team is working on this.
Photo of Grim

Grim

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have been following this topic for a while now, I had exactly the same issue with v.9.0.214, I thought it was something I had put in the notes (a pasted picture). I fiddled with the file for a while and got it to export, then it failed to export a few days/iterations later.

I have since updated to V 9.5.416, which appears to still be the latest version, but had no luck. I have tried creating a new map and cutting and pasting the previous map into it, but even this only works for one or two attempts and then fails again.

I am getting increasingly frustrated with this as I have a deadline coming up and I really don't want to rebuild an exported .rtf instead of the Word option.

When can we expect this to be fixed for good?
Photo of Grim

Grim

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It's been 10 days and not even an acknowledgement let alone an answer, is anyone reading this?

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Grim. Thank you for your post and I apologize for the delay. Our team is still working on improving the export to Word functionality. I do not have an exact time frame of when this will be released.
Photo of Geo Roberts

Geo Roberts

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Britney,

Please let me know when you get this export to word fixed. I need it for my work, and it is very frustrating. I have just downloaded 9.6.5 version, yet this does not seem to have addressed the situation.

Geo.roberts@wilsher-group.com
Photo of Grim

Grim

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I also upgraded to the very latest (9.6.510) and whilst I have been able to export maps to word docs for the last 3 days, the export still has issues.

1. Some text comes in at 4 and even 2 point size.
2. Once in a while there is a stray tab or similar (an inch or so of white space) in a line of text for no apparent reasons (could it be an end of line issue?)
But this is the big one
3. Native Mindmanager tables do not export, a table in the notes becomes 4 carriage returns and no text. I started using native tables as the map would not export embedded excel sheets and now I cant get the data back out of the Mindmap.
4. As I cant export the table contents I tried "cut and paste" but the table becomes just a single list.

I cannot go back and check previous versions as I only inserted the tables this weekend post upgrade.

It's a step in the right direction, but not complete yet.

G
Photo of Grim

Grim

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is anything being done about this?

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Grim. Our team is still working on this. Thank you for your patience.
Photo of Julia

Julia

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Brittney I have contacted MindJet several times about this problem, over about the past year and a half, and you are either 'working on it' or 'it isn't a feature'. I'm totally frustrated with MindJet and lack of Mac support. Ready to uninstall off both PC and Mac and just write it off as a bad expense.

Neither the Word nor the Pages export is acceptable. This conversation has been going on too long....
Photo of Liza Gordon

Liza Gordon

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Agree. I am trialing the product to teach a class a subject in a new and innovative way... but the kids will need hard copy notes for their exam.

This strikes me as a such an essential feature of the product, I am astonished to see Brittney's 'we're working on it' month after month.

If I had purchased this product I would be seeking my money back, and cant see the point in buying it.

Given there has been an issue with it for over 6 months, continuing to include it as a feature constitutes misleading and deceptive conduct under the Competition and Consumer Act. Yes, ironically, the subject I am teaching is Trade Practices.
Photo of Georges

Georges

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dear all,

after some months of trying I stumbled upon a possible solution that worked for me on Mac OS X Lion. So, while we wait on proper implementation of this feature, in order to export, try this:
1. click "Share"
2. click "Export...'
3. click tab "iWork / Office" (if not selected by default)
4. choose "Pages 09" or Word 2008/11
5. click "Next"
6. click tab "Format"
7. under content choose "Export Overview Map"
8. click "Next"
9. save

This will add an image at the beginning of the document that can be deleted easily once the export is finished.
Photo of Julia

Julia

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
It's totally outrageous that users have to find these workarounds. Hopefully somebody starts a class action lawsuit and if so, count me in.
Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've found a new work around for this problem. Anybody still interested, let me know
Photo of Grim

Grim

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
A new workaround would be most welcome, as Mindjet appear to be doing nothing about it themselves.

Whilst I really don't think that resorting to litigation is the answer, I shall be taking my custom elsewhere if this isn't sorted soon.

G
Photo of Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Anybody have a better mind mapping tool than this software for the mac?
Photo of Julia Olsen

Julia Olsen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Lots of frustration wtih Mindjet. I started using Curio from Zengobi for Mac. Exports well and the developer is very responsive.
Photo of Grim

Grim

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well folks, I've given up using this poorly supported tool, good luck in the future to all users, I really do hope they sort it out for you, sadly I won't be among you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.