Export to Word Java problem

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
When I try to export to Word, I get this dialog box:

L’exportation de « ProcessusCCDMD14-03-05.mmap » a échoué.
Java doit être installé sur votre ordinateur afin que les maps puissent être exportées. Si Java est installé, l’échec de l’exportation est alors dû à une erreur d’application ou de fichier système.

Translated: The export of “ProcessusCCDMD14-03-05.mmap” failed.Java must be installed on your computer so that the maps can be exported. If Java is installed, the failure of export is then due to an error of application or system file.

I use MindManager Version 10.3.605 for Mac

on Mac OS X 10.9.2

Java 7.51 (build 1.7.0_51-b13) is enabled 
Photo of Philippe Bonneau

Philippe Bonneau

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • Frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Hi guys, yes, it's been awhile. We are still cleaning up the code. I've asked for an update and will update this thread. It is taking longer than I had planned but the fix is coming, as soon as the code is complete, we'll move it into testing and then deploy the patch to our website for download. I'll be traveling for the next few days. I'll update this thread next week. 
Photo of Johan Hägglund

Johan Hägglund

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, a weekly update until the fix is launched would be nice.
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
I've been on the road on a personal trip but return to the office on Wednesday. Our quality team should now be testing the fixes (which means that the developers have finished coding and completed their tests). We're getting closer. 
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
I will post next when we ship the fix. I'll have a handle on the approximate time later this week. 
Photo of Johan Hägglund

Johan Hägglund

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great, Thanks for update
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I do not mean to flog a dead horse, but I feel I need to vent my frustration....

I must admit I am really annoyed at MindManager at the moment. I paid for the licence last night ($440AUD) to use for work this morning, when it came to exporting my hard work to keynote, I came across this issue. It then took me another 20 minutes on a tight deadline to find this article.

If I saw this article last night, I would have purchased a mind mapping application from another company, which would have also been cheaper.
Photo of Ceffyl Aedui

Ceffyl Aedui

• 25 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Matthew, 

Grab the trial version of ConceptDRAW Mindmap. It will read Mindjet files and has an excellent export/import feature to PowerPoint and Keynote. 
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
All, our fix has passed our quality testing. It should be deployed this week. I'll write again when it is posted online. 
Photo of Matthew Day

Matthew Day

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Michael

thanks for this.  Can you confirm it also fixes the word import issue - only noticed this recently, but it appears to give same error message
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
It should since it address the Java component claimed to be missing. I'll double check. 
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Import has been verified as well. 
Photo of Peter Boogaard

Peter Boogaard

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great application. Works fine. I will stop using mindjet soon,
Photo of Ceffyl Aedui

Ceffyl Aedui

• 25 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thanks for keeping us posted on the status. The tech support people I've talked to with Mindjet have always been fantastic. Unfortunately, the great service can't make up for the major issues with the application. I'm glad at least one issues is being addressed. Now if we could just get the XML file errors resolved.

Please pass along both my compliments on your quality of service and my frustration with Mindjet for Mac and Windows. 
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Thanks for your feedback Ceffyl. 
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Quick update, we're now targeting to launch the update on either Tues or Wed (the 17th or 18th). We're doing this in the event something goes wrong, we'll have staff on hand to respond quickly. Have a nice weekend and holiday (if you're celebrating anything). 

Michael
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
I may have spoken too soon. We did uncover a small issue which we shall resolve this coming week. The deployment date may be later in the week though. I'll keep everyone updated as this has been a long outstanding issue and I promised you resolution (and communication). 
Photo of Johan Hägglund

Johan Hägglund

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Some new guess of launch date?
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
We're testing the downloads now. If all goes well, we should be pushing to our live site today. 
Photo of Ceffyl Aedui

Ceffyl Aedui

• 25 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Update appears to be live on the download site. 
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Yes, it's up, the team has been testing all the pages & processes. 
Photo of Jason B

Jason B

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just purchased Mindjet and I am running Mavericks and I cannot export to Word. I get the same issue that Jave is not installed but it is. MindJet I need support.

-Jason 
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Our fix for this issue is now posted on the Mindjet website for all languages. A service email will be sent next week. Have a great weekend. Apologies for the delay on this one! 
Photo of Peter Boogaard

Peter Boogaard

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have downloaded the fix for the word export and it seems to work fine. Thank you for support. I recall that it has taken a long time. Your continous communication to the audience helped a lot to maintain waiting. Thanks for that. Peter boogaard
Photo of Anna Browne

Anna Browne

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
A link to the fix would be helpful here.
Photo of Jason B

Jason B

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I agree. Is there a link to the actual fix?

Philippe Bonneau

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
The fix does not work for me: Same error message:
L’exportation de « ProcessusCCDMDGlobalFinal15-02-02.mmap » a échoué.Java doit être installé sur votre ordinateur afin que les maps puissent être exportées. Si Java est installé, l’échec de l’exportation est alors dû à une erreur d’application ou de fichier système.

the export of " processusccdmdglobalfinal15-02-02.mmap " has failed. Java must be installed on your computer so that the maps can be exported. If Java is installed, the failure of export is then due to an application or file system error.

Mind Manager Version 10.3.635 

Java is on

(Edited)
Photo of Jason B

Jason B

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So Java is installed on my system and working.
Photo of Jason B

Jason B

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just called support.  They are sending me a new install. They said that the java linker was broken and the new build fixes the issue. Now right now the latest build is not up for download. I am running currently 10.3.605 and this is the one they are replacing to fix the issue. The Tech said he has to mail it to me due to the fact that the latest is not in the downloads section as of yet.
I hope this helps.
Solution call support: (415) 229-4200 x2 for support.
-J
Photo of Ceffyl Aedui

Ceffyl Aedui

• 25 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I checked the update site and found a download available. My desktop has 10.3.605 and the update is 10.3.635. I'll run it and report back on if the export issue is corrected for me. 

Philippe Bonneau

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
In french... :(((

Philippe Bonneau

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
So looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong to fix 
Photo of Johan Hägglund

Johan Hägglund

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have the same problem still. I use 10.3.635
If i create a simple map ant try to export, it works fine. But when i try to export a large existing mind map i get the same error.
Photo of Ceffyl Aedui

Ceffyl Aedui

• 25 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Exporting to SWF works now but exporting to Word still fails with the Java must be installed error message. 
(Edited)
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 399 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
Ceffyl, 

Thank you for providing feedback. Are you seeing this issue with all Maps or just a specific file? If a specific file, can you let me know if the Map was created from a Template? 
Photo of Johan Hägglund

Johan Hägglund

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It was created from a blank map. Byt i have a lot of different items in it. Links, inbaded documents, and so on. I can send the map to you if you give me a mailadress. 
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

• 399 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
Thanks, Johan. 

I have logged a case and have sent you an email.  

Best, 
-Marian
Photo of Ceffyl Aedui

Ceffyl Aedui

• 25 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I just tried eight different files. Half of them failed the export. None of them were created with templates. 
Photo of Anna Browne

Anna Browne

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm having similar problems with simple files.
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

• 399 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
Are these new Maps, Anna? Can you confirm you you have installed the latest update (10.3.635)? 
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 118 Reply Likes
Would be nice to have updated Release Notes as well at: http://www.mindjet.com/support/product-resources/user-manuals/
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

• 400 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
Thanks Mathieu.

We have added the latest Release Notes to our Downloads Page and I will request we also update the User Manuals and Documentation page. 

Here is the link to the Release Notes for 10.3.635 - http://download.mindjet.com/Mindjet_for_Mac_10_3_635_Final_EN.pdf
Photo of Greg Tainter

Greg Tainter

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am jumping into this discussion and have been having the same export issues (into Word) from my Mac. I have a Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.2). My Mind Manager software is 10.3.635. 

I was in touch with a man at Mindjet for about 2 months and he indicated to me a week or so ago that the problem has been fixed. It does in fact work if I create a brand new map, but my pre-existing files still will not export. Further, if I drag topics from one of my pre-existing maps into a brand new map (a brand new map that just WORKED and successfully exported) it will not work. 

Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you for any help.

gtainter01@hamline.edu

Thanks again.
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

• 399 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
Greg, 

Please open a case with our support team by emailing one of  your files to Customer.Support@mindjet.com and provide a brief description of the issue. We will review the XML of the Map and let you know what is causing the export to fail. 

Best, 
-Marian 
Photo of Mazlum Kara

Mazlum Kara

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I ve the same issue. I tried this
i ve create a new map, and i ve copied-paste item by item from my corrupt file. I think it's related to the formatting of the notes. For me, when i delete the last "back space", the file is exported, if i late the "back space", java problem appaers at exporting. Then i ve delete all the "back space" of corrupt file and it works. I had more than 100 notes ! Enjoy and good luck ;-)

(Edited)
Photo of Mazlum Kara

Mazlum Kara

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
damned !
problem come back hand i create a new item.
Soft add self " space + back return". Grrr !
(Edited)