file won't open, support email can't respond to.

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago

Below is what I tried to send back to support but the reply email doesn't work. I would like to find a way to fix this file.

I can open other files. Just not this one, see the above error. It takes a long time trying to open and then as it looks like it is opening then windows shuts it down. I was able to open a read-only version on the online MindManager and see the information is still all there. But for some reason, it won’t open in the windows Mindjet app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs 2017 and 2018 neither work for this file. I was able to import the file to iThoughts and it was able to read the file skipping over whatever is corrupted. I would like to use Mindjet but I don’t know how to fix this file.

Thanks.

Pauline Menefee

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Mindjet Customer Support <customer.support@mindjet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:47 PM
To: paulina@menefee.org
Subject: Mindjet Case # 00425679: Can't open a file after closing [ref:_00DA0I0cY._5001M16MO5o:ref ]

Dear Pauline, 

Thank you for contacting Mindjet Support. Does the issue appear when working on a specific file? Can you run a repair of the software then let me know if the issue persists?

If you need further assistance, simply reply to this email or give us a call.

Best regards,

Juan Acevedo
Mindjet, Corel Corporation

----------------------------------------------

Photo of paulina

paulina

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1237 Posts
  • 182 Reply Likes
Well.... you could do what Mindjet support asks and I suggest you send - email them the file that does not open and also what you have if you open in iThoughts etc and they will be able to fix this for you most of the time.

They may also find the reason why it is corrupt.
Succes
Photo of paulina

paulina

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I already did this when I opened the support ticket and the above reply is what I got.
Photo of paulina

paulina

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a workaround now. No help from support. Had to use another app. Mindjet just can't handle large files.
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1237 Posts
  • 182 Reply Likes
At least you found a workaround solution.

My maps tend to grow quite large over time as well, Our Company Meeting map - we always use the same map - is in use since 2005 and is a complete archive of everything we discussed, planned and achieved, so I am curious where yours goes beyond the limits of MindManager.

Is yours too large because of attachments, or many images, or lots of topic text?
(Edited)
Photo of paulina

paulina

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mine has lots of topics and subtopics down to 5 or 6 levels deep. I just had too much text for this app.