Filter maps according to text (content) inside topics?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Is there a way to create a filter that applies to content inside the topics of a map?
For example, if I want to filter out all topics that contains the text "manage"...

Creating markers or tags for this type of filters would not work since I dont know, in advance, which tags or markers to use.

I'm using MindManager 9 for Mac.
Photo of Tomas Andersson

Tomas Andersson

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 898 Posts
  • 224 Reply Likes
I don't know about MM for Mac, but you can do this in MM2012 for Windows via the Text and other properties tab on the Power Filter dialogue box.
Photo of Tomas Andersson

Tomas Andersson

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for the reply. But from what I can find MindManager 9 for Mac doesn't have a "Power filter" option anywhere.

Kind of strange to leave out that type of basic functionality in a tool that focuses on organization of information...
Photo of Tomas Andersson

Tomas Andersson

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for the reply ARY but could you be more specific of how to filter on content inside of topic nodes? I already use the "regular" filter options available in MM9 for Mac. But I can't find a way to filter nodes by their specific content... only by Markers, Priority, Notes, Label etc.

To be more specific with my question.
I want to display all the nodes in a map that contains the text "search" or "list" or "part" or "14" or... (you get the drift)

Using labels and markers and the like is not feasible since I don't know, in advance, what type of phrases/words I want to filter by.
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 178 Reply Likes
On the PC version you can Search, select all and then use Power Filter to hide all other topics.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.